Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Front (steel) Bumper  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-05-2005 04:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jay

I want to restore my steel front bumper. Is the small crom looking trim (looks like piping) available somewhere?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-10-2005 06:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

Did you try Delta?

Posted: 08-15-2005 06:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jay

I contacted Delta Motorsports. The plastic trim for the steel bumper has not been available for some time now. They said that some cars did not come with this trim. I also asked about the dash trim around the gauge cluster. A replacement (not original equipment) is available to use as the gauge pod trim.

Posted: 08-15-2005 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Mark Rosenbaum

Are you talking about the trim strip that runs along the bottom of the bumper on steel bumper cars?  If so, Delta is correct, in many cases that trim was never installed.  My car (16371) doesn't even have the mounting holes for the stuff.

For the weltcord (instrument pod trim), I bought a length of Delta's replacement several years ago, but was never sufficiently enthused by the stuff to bother with installing it.  As an alternative, you might contact MacGregor UK Car Parts in Canada (link below).  I've heard good reports about them and their products but have never done business with the firm myself.  Usual disclaimers

http://www.macgregorukcarparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Jensen-healey

Current time is 12:17 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Front (steel) Bumper Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems