New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
OEM Bumper finish  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-23-2018 03:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
JPJH

I'm hoping someone can advise on this.

My 74 JH has the front and rear bumpers painted and it looks like the PO may have used an undercar coating as it has a 'pebble' type finish. I'm having the bumpers soda blasted to remove the old finish, then will have repainted.

from what I can find it appears the original finish was a smooth Matte Black, but not completely sure. Any thoughts?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-24-2018 05:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
answerman

You're talking about the steel bumpers with the stainless top panel, right? Yes, matte black.

Posted: 08-12-2018 02:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
JPJH

Thanks for your help. Mine are almost ready, and I’m hoping for good results. Related topic, but does anyone know the type and size pop rivet used to secure the stainless top panel, or were they secured with screws? For some reason one bumper had one (pop rivet) and the other small sheet metal screws. I think they the pop rivets are probably right but confirmation would be appreciated. Also if pop rivet has anyone used aluminum and size used?

Posted: 08-14-2018 01:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
redracer

The main "tie down" for the two sections are the black "unobtanium" vinyl. They used a metric screw nut welded to the square flat pieces that slide into the channel of the vinyl. Sheet metal screws(not rivets) were used at the edge ofd the two sections

Current time is 01:22 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > OEM Bumper finish Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems