Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > metal front bumper fitment early 1974 car

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Ralph H

Hi All I took the front bumper off to refinish and found a couple bent pieces that I then straightened out. The DPO had installed the bumper using one bolt per side onto the frame and one bolt per side onto the bumper itself. In doing this the DPO bent the brackets all to heck so the alignment holes are messed up. A bit flimsy to be sure trying to correct that now.

So my question: do the bumper ends wrap around the outside of the side fenders or do they tuck inside the leading edge of the fenders. neither option works for me at this point due to massive alignment issues. It would appear that the front left corner of the car was used to stop the car on one occasion so the body work is rather twisted.

answerman

Inside. I'll see if I can find a good closeup picture. This is the best I could do on short notice, but you can see how the leading edge of the fender wraps around the edge of the bumper with the rubber strip just to the outside of the fender.

Last edited on 04-06-2018 05:28 am by answerman

Ralph H

no thats a perfect photo thanks. due to some poor body work by DPO one edge is outside and one inside. I might be able to correct this with a good pair of bumper brackets as mine were twisted like spaghetti and are now so far out of whack I cannot bend them back. will need to find a set of brackets. Thanks for posting

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems