Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > what bushings should be replaced

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
what bushings should be replaced  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-15-2018 05:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Ralph H

Hi All I am in the middle stage of bringing 74 JH #15681 back to life. Sat for 35 + years in a texas barn. Car is now in Canada. 40k miles, minimal rust except floors (done) Engine in fine form. will be road rady this summer.

With all the rest of the rubber bits on the car in poor condition from the hot dry storage I suspect the suspension bushings are dry and perished also. If you had to choose what ones would you replace first?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-15-2018 06:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
answerman

Hey Ralph! Probably all of them :-)

What type are you thinking? SuperPro seems to be the brand of choice, but they are pricey. I still haven't done mine, they are original as far as I know. It was supposed to be this winter's project but I ended up spending my time on my Metropolitan (oddly enough, doing the same thing, rebuilding the suspension and front end).

How's the weather been there? Are you getting that crazy noreaster stuff? Oh, and did the boot lid part work for you?

Posted: 03-15-2018 07:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Ralph H

yup 3rd storm in a week but the plow truck takes care of it in a jiffy. As they say the end is near. Lock clip is going to work great but not in yet thanks. WOW hard to believe the cost of bushings and mounts and so many of them .

Current time is 09:40 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > what bushings should be replaced Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems