Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Jensen East 2018  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-18-2018 05:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
answerman

Excellent. That's about an hour and a half from us.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-21-2018 07:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Sander

I got this from Kathy McLaughlin today(kmc@chesnet.net):

It is good news, and bad, that we have reached our capacity limit for the venues!

Because of that, the registration is closed for the 2018 Jensen East event in Black Mountain, NC.

If you planned on coming to the event and have not sent in your registration, get in touch with me immediately.

The registration and payment must be received by May 25, 2018. This is a drop-dead date.

Any registration received after that date will be returned to you.

We have more people coming than ever expected and very excited about seeing everyone.

We are looking forward to fun, great drives and lots of laughter!

Posted: 05-21-2018 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

First I have heard about this , the usual “rule” has been the more the merrier.
Well just checked and looks like some of the activity venues have reached capacity, our little secret of what a great time to be had by attending this amazing event is starting to get out and be heard, there is a group of cars and people coming all the way from England . So I would suggest contact Kathy ASAP, and next year in Saint Louis, book early.

Last edited on 05-21-2018 09:56 pm by Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Posted: 05-22-2018 02:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
chrisl

A nice problem to have.

I sent a note to Don and Kathy on 15 May about how to get payment to them by way of anything but a cheque (check) but got no reply... Ringing is difficult because of the time difference. I will email again I guess.

Posted: 05-22-2018 12:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
chrisl

Just got a reply from Kathy and Don; all good. Will see you there.

Posted: 05-22-2018 01:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Excellent, be seeing you soon.

Posted: 06-16-2018 12:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
chrisl

We were lucky enough to be able to spend a few days at the Jensen East Coast meet in Black Mountain, North Carolina recently. People came from all over the US.

It was great to put names to faces; for my sins I am a member of the JOC (UK) and the Jensen-Healey Preservation Society.There were about 100+ attendees, with a largish contingent from the UK as well. There were well over 50 cars there too, the greatest number of Jensens I have ever seen in a single place.

Almost all models were represented including a couple of 541s, CV8s, lots of Interceptors (with three really nice convertibles) and heaps of Jensen-Healeys.

The event was admirably managed by Don and Kathy Pritchard. Hats off to them, everything went well, a thoroughly well organised series of events and time to yourself made the whole event a great success. There were poker runs, winding roads to test 45 y.o cars engines and handling, a couple of minor breakdowns, BBQs and more.

We donated a bag of roo poo to a charity silent auction held (actually choccies the size and shape of kangaroo dung but with what I hope a much better taste) as part of the proceedings.

One of the final events was a car show in the centre of town, attended by thousands.

Afterwards as we were sans a Jensen, we rented a Mustang convertible and drove up to Washington DC along the Blue Ridge Parkway, spent a few days there and are now in Boston.

It’s been well worth the 27 hour plane flight. They say you only live once but I will need two lives to pay for it all!

Attachment: IMG_0386a.JPG (Downloaded 41 times)

Posted: 06-18-2018 10:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
answerman

It was great to meet you, Chris. Glad you enjoyed your time here. Hopefully you'll be able to make future events!

Current time is 12:44 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Intro Tech Board stuff > Jensen East 2018 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems