Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > One of these things is not like the others

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
One of these things is not like the others  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-04-2017 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jmgrngr

My 1973 obviously has some mis-matched parts as shown by the poor fit of the headlight cowling to the bumper, and bumper to fender. I've had the car for many years but before I got it I'm guessing that it had some accident damage and was probably repaired using salvaged parts from a different year (1974?). The problem is I don't know which parts belong here and which are wrong. Can anyone tell me how to tell which parts belong to a '73 and which don't? It's also possible that it's not limited to sheet metal -- there may be pieces underneath that don't match too. Thanks.

Attachment: IMG_3457.JPG (Downloaded 73 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-04-2017 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
allstateguy

the headlight scoop is sitting ON TOP of the bumper. The bumper is too high and too far back. Don't know if you can loosen the bumper bracket bolts and get it to sit where it belongs.

Posted: 08-04-2017 07:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
redracer

That's a '74 & later fender & shroud, and yes the bumper is too high.
Also, the headlight shroud should NOT be touching the fender at all; if it does, as in your case, there is a lot of flex in the car driving and will crack it similar to yours.
The shroud should have 2 #2-cross-point/posidrive screws under the hood and an adjustable 1/4" X 28 thd./in. stud in the other/outer side where it passes through the hole in the inner frame. A nut with a large washer on the outer part adjusts the shroud maybe 1/8" from the fender and the inner part has a washer and wing nut(hard to find 1/4"X28 wing nuts).

Current time is 09:30 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > One of these things is not like the others Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems