Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Front bumper top piece  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-23-2017 01:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Art DeKneef

If anyone has a good front bumper top piece I would appreciate some measurements. I have one good one but I think it is off in the height measurement.

What I have measured on this one is that the front edge of the cover is about 1" tall while it rises to about 1.5" on the back side at the outer ends and gradually rises to about 2" in the center. It also has a slight curve up as it moves to the back.

I don't think the center height is supposed to be higher based on looking at the other 2 covers I have. Unfortunately one is wrinkled and dimpled all over making getting any good measurement difficult. The other one seems to be relatively flat all the way across except it has a big dent pushing up on the right side that might be interfereing with the measurements.

I have part of my hammerform finished but need to determine the correct specs before I start making the covers.

Thanks,
Art

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-23-2017 02:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
redracer

Have a N.O.S. one; will try to get measurements soon.
bruce madden

Posted: 06-23-2017 06:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
answerman

Art, I'll ask the obvious question: are you going into the replacement bumper stainless business? There's definitely interest there.

Posted: 06-23-2017 08:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Art DeKneef

Thanks Bruce, appreciate it.

Answerman - The thought has crossed my mind. I guess it depends on how accurately I can reproduce them. The first one is being made out of 20 gauge steel so I can get a feel of what's involved. And as a replacement for one of the bad ones I have here. Then I hope to find others in the area to use as test fit candidates.

I did check out a local metal reseller and they had something with a chrome finish. After making the first one I thought of getting a piece of that chrome sheet in scrap and see how it holds up to being shrunk, wheeled and heated. Still in the planning stages here as it is pretty warm in the garage right now.

Posted: 08-24-2017 03:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
JPJH

I had a conversation with Delta Motorsports a bit over a week ago and they had 'new' front and rear stainless. Quantity was very limited and cost was $550 each.

Current time is 05:27 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Front bumper top piece Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems