Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > HELP need a piece of the top frame

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
HELP need a piece of the top frame  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-14-2017 06:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
allstateguy

Hi,
I was putting in my new seatbelts and noticed that my convertible top frame is missing the right hand upright piece that holds the Velcro on to snug up the top on the passenger side at the rear of the window.

Would anyone happen to have a "parts" top frame that this piece could be removed from?

I've attached a pic of the piece I need, but it is on the driver's side.

Attachment: left top velcro holder small.jpg (Downloaded 60 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-14-2017 10:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Frank Schwartz

That piece that the velcro is attached to? And is attached to the frame by pop rivets? Left side? I may have a junk frame I can lift this off of. The velcro is sown into a sleeve shape and slipped onto the part before it is riveted to the frame, you know.. I think I got my daughter to sew up some for me...do you need that velcro piece, too?? Your pic shows the right hand side, but you need the driver's side...right?

Frank

Posted: 06-14-2017 10:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
allstateguy

Hi Frank,
No, that pic is actually of the driver's side, and I do need the passenger side. I have the Velcro sleeves, got the kit of them from Delta. If you have a passenger side piece I can get from you I'd really appreciate it.
I've got lots of pop rivets and a gun ready to use them!

Posted: 06-15-2017 12:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Frank Schwartz

Yes, I can get you that part...but it will be next week...I am going in the morning to the hospital for some heart work and possibly a pacemaker...but in the meantime send me via email your regular mailing address..and send this to me at mfsjr2@comcast.net off this group.

Frank

Posted: 06-15-2017 12:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Frank Schwartz

One more thing...you are in Phoenix and there is a wheel manufacturer there that makes wheels that fit the JH..are you familiar with them?
Frank

Posted: 06-15-2017 01:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
allstateguy

Frank
Yes I'm in Phoenix.
Not familiar with any British wheel makers. I remember a cycle shop in Central Phoenix that did a lot of the Harley/Triumph lacing. But that was many years ago.

Posted: 06-15-2017 02:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
allstateguy

I wish you the best inre surgery.

Posted: 06-15-2017 04:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Randallclary@icloud.com

The manufacturer of the wheels is VTO. I purchased a seet of the 15" wheels and absoutely love them

Here is the link. They also provide the 13 " wheels. Copy and paste the following link.

http://www.vtowheels.com/Classic-8-Wheel-15-x-6-Silver-With-Machined-Lip-4-x-1016mm-15mm_p_341.html

I tried to improve and lower my top end RPM by going with a larger diameter tire that still does not rub. I was able to max out at 195-60-15 on the front and 205-60-15 on the rear. The car looks great and I dropped RPM at 69 mph down to 3500 RPM. I have a Mark 1 with a 4 speed.

The pics of the completed car are on my New Restoration Project for 13046.

Posted: 06-15-2017 05:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
redracer

we have found the velcro to not be sufficient to hold the side of the top on when the windows are down, not to mention how quickly it deteriorates. Instead, we put 2 snaps on the metal "velco" piece for much better support.
If Frank or whomever doesn't come up with one, I gues I could take one off the many ones I have(it is very easy to "make" this metal strip)
bruce madden

Posted: 06-15-2017 05:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
allstateguy

I would have made it, but I thought the spring steel it is made from isn't in my cache of materials.

Current time is 06:27 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > HELP need a piece of the top frame Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems