Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
trailer hitch  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-28-2017 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
allstateguy

This might be offbeat, but has anyone actually seen a trailer hitch for a JH?

I see in the owner's handbook that the max towing is about 1500 lbs. This is actually much more than my Holsclaw trailer with my Kawi Drifter on it.

Beuller?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-28-2017 07:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Frank Schwartz

I do not know of one specifically made for a JH. My son Mark put one on his steel bumper one by inserting a tube through the holes in the rear mounting bracket and welding it in place, and then welding a plate with the square tube receiver mounted (welded) to it. If you add a trailer hitch, which has worked nicely on his car with a small utility clamshell trailer for clothing, tool sets, etc, you will have to get an adapter as the regular trailer wiring is not compatible with the JH wiring connections.
Also on the rubber bumper, you can make or find a L shaped piece of plate and bolt it right up into the bumper as it is rubber covereed solid thickness aluminum..and we drilled and tapped holes in it and bolted the plate right on, with the receiver tube welded to the plate. The lip goes to the back side (facing front) of the big bumper and is very solid indeed.

Posted: 03-29-2017 04:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
allstateguy

I've got a steel bumper car, and I like your idea of the tube welded into the bracket holes. When I get a drivable car, that will be something to work through. Thanks for the inspiration.

Current time is 02:52 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > trailer hitch Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems