Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > it's not a Healey but it is a Jensen

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
it's not a Healey but it is a Jensen  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-26-2016 02:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Bfitz241

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGVcJrEJW7E

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-26-2016 05:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Screenplay

Thanks for the heads-up. No mention of the JH, and the owner even stated that the Interceptor was Jensen's most successful car with over 6000 built. Just can't get any respect here!

Posted: 12-27-2016 06:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jim Sohl sn 11210

Indeed. The American importer, Kjell Qvale, formed a ‘new’ company with Donald Healey and the Jensen Co. was the ‘hired builder’ and partner. This arrangement did not last, but for a time, from Jensen’s point of view, they were ‘hired’ to produce cars for the new company in addition to their usual work, the Interceptor. As we know, the losses from the J-H project took out the new company and any and all partners, including Jensen Motor Cars, and all was lost. I’m sure the no respect thing is alive and well with some Jensen people harboring a belief that the J-H project came to Jensen from ‘outside’ and ruined their party. I’m sure this oversimplification leaves out many details, but there are many who think of Jensen Motor Cars of the Interceptor heritage (they go way back to before WWII making their very limited production luxury cars) as a separate entity from the J-H. Oh Well. The J-H really is a great car, just the wrong car at the wrong time. Imagine if the first J-H was the JH5 and the original engine was a 912. Obviously, none of this was to be. As a personal note, I owned a 240Z prior to my ’73 J-H. I let the Z go primarily because the engine just was not ‘interesting’ enough. Ha!

Current time is 07:07 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > it's not a Healey but it is a Jensen Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems