Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Fuel Stuff > Reversal of fuel rail?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Reversal of fuel rail?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-22-2016 04:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
qwerty

Is there any reason why we couldn't disconnect the fuel rail and rotate it it 180^ so the fuel line enters at the rear and terminates on the front carb? This would give a much cleaner look.

Making sure to keep the angled spigot in to the carb so as not to cause a venturi effect on rear carb. May also need a 90^ elbow at the rear...

Attachment: Fuel-Hoses1.jpg (Downloaded 99 times)

Last edited on 10-22-2016 04:15 am by qwerty

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-24-2016 11:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MikeIsotech

I did something similar with mine but brought it up via a small glass filter between the (dellorto) carbs. Looks much better and got rid of a lot of extra plumbing.

Posted: 10-24-2016 11:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
qwerty

Thanks Mike,

Just wondering if there was a reason besides production line that had it that way.

Posted: 10-24-2016 12:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
MikeIsotech

I couldn't work out a reason. In fact I thought that the original was potentially less safe due to the longish pipe runs. My version is more secure I think.

Posted: 10-25-2016 01:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Fluid dynamics come to mind when changing fluid flow paths. The more fittings and types of fittings, you create resistance, resistance reduces flow volume (not pressure). Also type of flow, laminar flow is what you are looking for, nice and steady with no turbulence. So whats that mean for your trusty JH, probably not much if anything, but if your running full throttle going 100 mph plus and need all the volume so it won't break up, will you still have it ?? again probably, but that would be the true test.

Brett

Posted: 10-27-2016 05:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
qwerty

Thanks Brett, valid points.

This is why a simple swap from front to back wouldn't be ideal. removing the fuel entry at the front carb and then unbolting the assembly of the remaining banjos and rail then rotating it 180 would be best. From what i can see (on a RHD JH) is that the line could be routed nicely with minimal sharp bends, well no more than normal... To do it in a nice flowing route i'd have to trim back or bend the hard fuel line that enters the bay fron the underbody a bit which is why i'm hestiting on it.

Another thought crossed my mind that when under heavy acceleration the fuel may be starved if entering at the rear engine due to inertia?? Routing into the front carb in a nice long arc would help balance vectorial weight of the fuel in the line. I admit i might be clutching at straws here.

I may just leave it as is and try not to look at it too much as it messes with my OCD haha

Current time is 04:39 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Fuel Stuff > Reversal of fuel rail? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems