Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Painless wiring harness for Jensen

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
scottsmi

I just finished rewiring my mark 1 with a new Painless wiring harness and it turned out great. Everything works and it looks good. I now have a state of the art fuse box and more than 3 fuses! The kit I used was # 10201 18 circuit universal. I didn't end up needing the 18 circuits but I wanted extra circuits available in case I wanted to add electric fan, heated seats (which I did), etc. It was very easy to use and looks very professional. I also bought a cover for it (separate) so it will be mostly hidden from view. I used all of the original switches and knobs, so it looks totally original.

Attachment: IMG_0981 (3).JPG (Downloaded 190 times)

Last edited on 08-07-2016 06:33 pm by scottsmi

Screenplay

Congrats on the clean installation - it looks great in the photo. Were the instructions with kit all the help you needed? I could see doing this in the future, and I can follow instructions, but electrical is my most challenging area.

Clinton

Frank Schwartz

Very nice...but what if water splashes up on it. I know that little dinky 3 fuse box did have a cover...

scottsmi

It was easy to install, just took a fair amount of time. I should also mention that this car was a frame up restoration, so accessibility was not a problem. All of the wires are labeled and all of the relays, etc are on fuse box. The only time I struggled a bit was to hook them to the Jensen switches as you know sometimes they used 2 wires instead of one or went to another part before returning. The only piece that it did not allow was the seat buzzers otherwise everything works great. I do have a cover for it as well, I just didn't show it.

CAShore1960

I am wondering if that Painless kit was for a GM vehicle? The current Painless 10201 is 28 circuits, 18 fuses, and is color coded based on the GM colors. How is the Painless working these many years later?

scottsmi

the painless kit i used was #10201 universal street rod harness 18 circuits gm column. It had extra instructions for GM ford and Mopar. I didn't need all of the circuits so a little overkill. The wiring has been flawless, have never had any problems. Best thing i ever did.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems