Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Painless wiring harness for Jensen

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Painless wiring harness for Jensen  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-07-2016 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
scottsmi

I just finished rewiring my mark 1 with a new Painless wiring harness and it turned out great. Everything works and it looks good. I now have a state of the art fuse box and more than 3 fuses! The kit I used was # 10201 18 circuit universal. I didn't end up needing the 18 circuits but I wanted extra circuits available in case I wanted to add electric fan, heated seats (which I did), etc. It was very easy to use and looks very professional. I also bought a cover for it (separate) so it will be mostly hidden from view. I used all of the original switches and knobs, so it looks totally original.

Attachment: IMG_0981 (3).JPG (Downloaded 190 times)

Last edited on 08-07-2016 06:33 pm by scottsmi

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-08-2016 03:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Screenplay

Congrats on the clean installation - it looks great in the photo. Were the instructions with kit all the help you needed? I could see doing this in the future, and I can follow instructions, but electrical is my most challenging area.

Clinton

Posted: 08-10-2016 08:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Frank Schwartz

Very nice...but what if water splashes up on it. I know that little dinky 3 fuse box did have a cover...

Posted: 08-10-2016 12:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
scottsmi

It was easy to install, just took a fair amount of time. I should also mention that this car was a frame up restoration, so accessibility was not a problem. All of the wires are labeled and all of the relays, etc are on fuse box. The only time I struggled a bit was to hook them to the Jensen switches as you know sometimes they used 2 wires instead of one or went to another part before returning. The only piece that it did not allow was the seat buzzers otherwise everything works great. I do have a cover for it as well, I just didn't show it.

Posted: 04-18-2023 10:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
CAShore1960

I am wondering if that Painless kit was for a GM vehicle? The current Painless 10201 is 28 circuits, 18 fuses, and is color coded based on the GM colors. How is the Painless working these many years later?

Posted: 04-23-2023 01:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
scottsmi

the painless kit i used was #10201 universal street rod harness 18 circuits gm column. It had extra instructions for GM ford and Mopar. I didn't need all of the circuits so a little overkill. The wiring has been flawless, have never had any problems. Best thing i ever did.

Current time is 10:40 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Painless wiring harness for Jensen Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems