Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Spring Kick-Off Car Show

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Esprit2

Every Spring in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, there's a mixed-Marque, vintage-foreign car show called the Spring Kick-Off Car Show. It's 'all foreign', but it's dominated by the Britcar guys.

Jensen-Healey attendance is spotty, despite there being a number of them in the area. Last year was a 'big' J-H turn-out, with two cars present.

There is no local J-H club, so it's hard to reach them all if you don't know them all. So I'm taking the liberty of posting notice of the show here, hoping to catch a few of them.

*~*~*

The InterMarque Spring Kick-Off Car Show:
Saturday, May 14th --- 10:00AM to 3:00PM.
08:00 AM - Set-up begins at 8:00.
09:00 AM - Show Car parking begins.
10:00 AM - The show opens to the public.

The SPKO car show is always partnered with a local Osseo Craft Show that takes place in Central Park during the same hours. So something for everybody.

Admission is free, but we request that everyone bring a canned/ packaged food item as a charitable donation to the local Food Shelf.

Sponsoring clubs pay to help fund the show, and receive designated parking areas in return. All non-sponsoring clubs and lone-wolf owners park in the order of arrival. If several J-H owners wish to park together, thenmeet-up off-site (like Perkins for breakfast), and arrive together.

Optional... Please bring $2 bills or dollar coins with you... ie, unusual currency. We like to leave the local merchants with some noticeable indication of the amount of business the show brings to their establishments. Weird money helps do that.

*~*~*
I intend to go to the Osseo Perkins Family Restaurant around 7:00 AM, enjoy breakfast, then scoot for show-central (4th Ave & Central Ave) at 8:00 AM to help set-up. At 9:00, I'll be directing show-car traffic. Join me?

*~*~*
Perkins Family Restaurant & Bakery:
8585 Aspen Lane N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
(763) 493-4444 --- WIFI Available
http://tinyurl.com/hacd2mh

From Hwy 169 northbound, exit onto 85th Ave North.
West under the over-pass to the lights on Bottineau Blvd.
..... (Bottineau = 4-lane divided Hwy 81)
Right on Bottineau Blvd, a short block to the first right
Right on 4th St SE... the Perkins is on the right.

Car Show:
Continue on Bottineau past Central Av, to 1st Av NW
Right on 1st Ave NW, and proceed to 4th Ave
Right on 4th Ave toward Central Ave and "Registration".

*~*~*
It's an excellent car show. Even if you can't devote the full day to a show, come spend an hour as a spectator, and check out all the cars.

Later,
Tim Engel

Last edited on 05-04-2016 04:24 pm by Esprit2

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems