Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Tarunk lock spring gadget

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Tarunk lock spring gadget  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-15-2016 12:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Frank Schwartz

Does anyone know a source of that dadgummed spring fitting that goes around the trunk lock mechanism and has two barbs that when the lock is pushed into place, they snap out and hold the lock in place...

Thanks,
Frank

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-15-2016 12:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Frank Schwartz

Sorry...that should read Trunk not Tarunk...
Frank

Posted: 04-15-2016 08:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
gmgiltd

Frank,
From your description I believe you are looking for a circlip try http://www.centuryspring.com/retaining-rings
Gordon

Posted: 04-15-2016 07:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Frank Schwartz

Thanks for the suggestion, but it is a spring steelband with two barbed "feet"...Picture is on Jensen Owners Club (UK) site as
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22890

Frank

Posted: 04-16-2016 08:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Screenplay

Frank,
I'm thinking it would be called the "lock cylinder retaining clip." My first thought was Delta but a quick look did not show it in the online catalogue. This is type of thing that the old time part stores would have in their Dorman products cabinet. Perhaps bring the lock to your local Napa and see if what they have fits.
Clinton

Posted: 04-17-2016 06:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Screenplay

After looking at my own lock clip I see it is not as I remembered - it is an odd duck. If all else fails, I might try Martin Robey.
Clinton

Posted: 07-31-2016 12:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
redracer

Does anyone know a source of that dadgummed spring fitting that goes around the trunk lock mechanism and has two barbs that when the lock is pushed into place, they snap out and hold the lock in place...

Frank; just read this; have quite a few; I grind the sharp tips down a bit so it "slides" in easier but still holds the lock down nicely, using vaseline or grease to make assembly easier. The tough part with installing the lock is the "return" spring. I use a wooden clamp and some wood to hold down the lock while I attempt(very "testy") to get that return spring in the proper holes while having the bolt handy for tightening down. Smaller fingers and better eyes might be useful here. You may want to put a removable rag into the space first as losing that return spring down one of the trunk channels is likely.
take care, bruce

Current time is 04:29 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Tarunk lock spring gadget Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems