Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Pete Bahr  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-30-2016 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Frank Schwartz

Pete's wife passed away last fall and I sent a donation in memorial to her favorite Charity. I learned that the Jensen East group sent also a donation from the event seed fund.
I di receive an acknowledgment. Then I learned that Pete died in December. I was shocked. Does anyone know any particulars of his death, of what and exactly when. Was it sudden or had he been ailing, too?

His "business" of specialty items for JH's might or might not be continuing with his son handling it. Anyone know about that? Or the disposition of his yellow JH????

Frank Schwartz

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-01-2016 01:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Frank, talk to Bob Clarke he is in touch with the family last I heard. Brett

Posted: 04-02-2016 10:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
chrisl

Far out, what a shock. I bought a few of Pete's Kits; they always did as promised and he was generous with advice too.

Vale Pete Bahr

Posted: 04-03-2016 07:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
dwalls1

I had very good experience with Pete and his kits. I have four of them on my car. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversations. Our Community will miss him.

Posted: 04-11-2016 06:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
subwoofer

Very sad to hear this. I have a few of his parts on my car, have been very pleased with them.

Hopefully someone will be able to continue his parts line?

--
Joachim

Posted: 02-18-2019 02:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
pbahr

Hi all,
I'm Matt, Pete's youngest son. I'm just cleaning up a few loose ends on his behalf. I know it's been a few years since his passing, but I thought I'd reply real quick and say thanks for the condolences. I know the impact he had on the JH community. I had hoped to continue that into the next generation but sadly, Yelodog met her demise last summer in a rear-end collision. Dad's passing was sudden, and happened just two months after mom passed away. There was never enough time for him to transfer his knowledge of Pete's Kits on to me, so sadly the store is closed. I've been offloading his spare parts inventories, so feel free to reach out to me if there is anything specific you need. mattbahr@verizon.net. All the best to those who knew him.

Posted: 11-09-2023 09:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
moikenny

All - YeloDog is alive and well and living in Warsaw, Poland. Had her rebuilt and painted over the last 4 years. Let her into the hands of a rally driver today and jeez, she tore around the track. All is well!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/n1R4aigL1FY1GZxi8

Posted: 11-10-2023 04:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Pricelessjunk

Thank you for posting this. Very nice documentation. Great to see Yelo Dog alive and well. Looks beautiful! I was fortunate to meet Matt, Pete Bahrs son, and hear the story of Yelo Dog and I aquired most of the spares for use on my car. I feel it links my car a little bit to the Famous Yelo Dog. I'm so happy that you saved it and it lives on. Well done.

Posted: 11-10-2023 12:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
redracer

Very nice rebuild! Hope all is well and want to thank you for saving another one!
One thing I noticed that could easily be changed is that corrugated hose for the top radiator. If the spiral steel insert has not been removed, the eventual rusting of it will "sandblast" the water pump face in front of the impeller teeth, ruining it fairly quickly.
Happy driving, bruce

Posted: 11-12-2023 05:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Esprit2

Michael,
That's a heck of a photo album. Thanks for sharing.

YeloDog was/ is a special car. Unfortunately, it got crunched in a way that a lot of cars wouldn't have come back from. But you stepped in, bought the car, and restored it. Thanks for sticking with the project, and bringing YeloDog back.

I've followed your posts, detailing your progress with the project. It's been a journey. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Regards,
Tim Engel

Posted: 11-30-2023 03:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
chrisl

Brilliant work, great to see such a nice car enjoying another life!

Current time is 03:54 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Pete Bahr Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems