Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > Lockheed Brake Cylinder

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
RoyalViking

In a web search for a Lockheed wheel cylinder rebuild kit I found a source for only $4.19 each.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/centric/search.php?pn=144.25004&app=1016018

RoyalViking

It turns out that my order was cancelled. The part was not in stock at Centric and there is not estimated delivery date.

Screenplay

Try Beck-Arnley part number 071-1481. It's a rebuild kit for the JH that also cross references with the Triumph TR7. And since it's a TR7 part, that means you don't find it on ebay, you can get it from Moss Motors. Just be careful, as the TR7 used two different cylinders as I recall - 3/4" and 11/16"? I don't recall which it is but they have aftermarket kits in the $5-$7 range for either one - better quality sightly more. It's been a while since I purchased the kit, so due diligence is appropriate here. I'm also not a fan of unknown brands and/or sellers. For really important stuff like the brake hydraulics I'm more inclined to trust the club store or Delta.

Clinton

Last edited on 04-01-2016 02:55 pm by Screenplay

dbeliveau74

Would the TR7 wheel cylinders and shoes work as well?

Screenplay

I don't have a cross reference on the wheel cylinder; I researched this some time back and recall there is a match but don't have any part numbers. As for the shoes, they are the same as the TR7 (5 speed only) and the TR8. This is of course assuming you have Lockheed brakes; Girling are another matter entirely.

Clinton

dbeliveau74

I ended up using the TR7 5 sp wheel cylinders, shoes & hardware kit. Only issue was the threads on the wheel cylinders are metric. No problem got s new metric brake line cut the end then used the English fitting reflared the end. Works great.
Cheers
Dan

noomg

Dan,

Thanks for the update. So often an OP with a problem or project will just stop posting mid thread without a resolution to the problem. It makes me wonder if OP just sold it, stored it, or just walked away.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems