Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > side marker replacement bulbs

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
side marker replacement bulbs  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-11-2016 12:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Joenpate56

Does anyone what to use for bulbs in the side marker lights. I have one front and one rear that don't work. The wiring diagram shows the side lights grounded with the parking lights all of which work so i figure it is the bulbs.

Thanks ahead for the help.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-11-2016 04:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
answerman

http://www.deltamotorsports.com/products/pg14a-exterior-lights.html

Item #32: LLB989

Posted: 03-11-2016 12:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Bulbs or bad ground......

Posted: 03-15-2016 05:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Joenpate56

I have ordered bulbs from Delta. I pulled the non-working bulbs out. They were bad. I have most of the electrical working now. Cleaning the light switch and hazard switch made everything work except the turn signals. The other functions of that switch, flash, brights, work. Since the hazard flashers work I believe the ground is ok and the problem is the turn signal switch. I have removed the switch but it looks like the turn signal contacts are inside the plastic body. Has anyone taken the plastic body apart? I think the contacts might just need cleaning like the other switches did

Thanks

Posted: 03-16-2016 01:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

They can be taken apart and cleaned up, but be very slow and careful there are springs inside and they can let fly if you don't watch it, take lots of pictures so you will know what goes were. If all fails the MGB is the same but has a shorter arm and elec. plug. I have photo's of this some place if you get stuck.
Brett

Posted: 03-17-2016 12:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Joenpate56

Thanks Brett
Igot it all apart and kept track of the springs and small plastic parts. I could not see how moving the lever caused contact that would complete a circuit. Then I noticed a small copper cylinder laying on the floor. I have no idea where it goes but i imagine it is the critical contact piece. Do you have an idea where it goes.

Thanks

Posted: 03-20-2016 07:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Sorry for not getting back sooner, I did find and check my pictures a bit blurry but I have a sketch as well, PM me and I will send what I have off to you. That little rod goes in the end of the spring with the ball on top.

Current time is 09:59 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > side marker replacement bulbs Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems