Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > rear wheel cylinder replacement

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Joenpate56

Does anyone have suggestions on installing the spring clip that hold the wheel cylinder in place. The old cylinder leaked and ruined the shoes. I have everything ready to put back together but am having a hard time with the spring clip. Thanks

Screenplay

I'm assuming that you are trying to slide the clip into the groove. It doesn't necessarily go back on the same way it came off. Instead, square the clip with the part of the cylinder that protrudes through the backing plate and press it flat against the backing plate with both thumbs until the clip snaps into the groove.

I hope this makes sense - words are escaping me this morning.

Clinton

Last edited on 12-11-2015 03:51 pm by Screenplay

Joenpate56

So it pops over the top of the protrusion. it doesn't slide into the grove from the side. I guess you flatten the clip against the back plate and the slide the cylinder protrusion into the clip?

Screenplay

The clip will flex and bend some. As I recall (it's been a while) it was just a matter a little force to slide it over the protrusion and pressing it. Fiddle a little with a flat blade screwdriver to get those ears on the clip into the groove. Once it goes, you'll say "Oh, I see."

Last edited on 12-11-2015 09:42 pm by Screenplay

Joenpate56

The new clip is thicker and therefore stiffer than the original.
The grove is also wider. I can't get the clip started over the protrusion. I think I am going to drill small holes in the clip so I can use some snap ring pliers.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems