Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Limited Slip Differential anyone?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Limited Slip Differential anyone?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-26-2015 09:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
stevegarnjobst

So, I've read through pages of old threads on past efforts to come up with a limited slip unit for the standard J-H rear axle. However, I'm very interested in adding a limited slip to my J-H project car, and can't use a non-standard axle like the Firenza, Toyota, or Mazda RX-7 to get one.

So, I stopped by Gripper Differentials in Coventry, UK today. While there, I handed them a spare J-H differential carrier to use for measurements and possibly design & production of a limited slip unit for the J-H. They're hopeful a suitable design can be developed that avoids expensive custom tooling. There are currently two of us interested in a unit. If anyone else is interested, drop me a message, as more units will reduce the per unit price. Not a lot more details for now. Note - it may be a few weeks before we know the feasibility & cost.

-Steve

p.s. Gripper had a Vauxhall Firenza competition limited slip sitting on the shelf. If only my race rules allowed running the larger differential housing required for this diff...

Last edited on 11-26-2015 09:27 pm by stevegarnjobst

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-27-2015 05:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
subwoofer

I might be interested, but it naturally depends a bit on cost. Please inform if you get a ballpark figure and price profile vs units ordered.

--
Joachim

Posted: 12-21-2015 11:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
stevegarnjobst

Good news! I just received word from John at Gripper, indicating a limited slip design has been completed, and production of 5 units is underway. Other than my one unit, I believe Lotusbits is acquiring the others. Anyone with serious interest should contact Gripper or Lotusbits ASAP.
Note - I don't have a vested interest in this project, other than the one unit for my vehicle - I'm just passing this information on as a service to the J-H community.
-Steve

Contact info:

Gripper LSD
John McMahon
tel: +44 024 7668 3239
email: sales@gripperlsd.com

Lotusbits
Mike Taylor
tel: +44 019 2663 3211
Email: lotusbits@hotmail.com

Posted: 12-21-2015 03:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
KICHR

The other unit mentioned by Steve is going into my JH which already runs an engine by Lotusbits.

Cost point right now seems to settle in at app GBP 1.100,- per unit without WAT or any applicable import tax.

So there's still 3 units from this production run to go around... I for one look forward to what it does to the handling on the track.

Kim

Posted: 12-21-2015 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
stevegarnjobst

KICHR wrote:
The other unit mentioned by Steve is going into my JH which already runs an engine by Lotusbits.

Cost point right now seems to settle in at app GBP 1.100,- per unit without WAT or any applicable import tax.

So there's still 3 units from this production run to go around... I for one look forward to what it does to the handling on the track.

Kim

So, was that your rear end assembly I hauled over to Gripper for Mike?

Posted: 12-21-2015 04:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
KICHR

Very probably!
I left it with Mike a few weeks ago to let him have a go at the long standing issue with the LSD. He called me today and said they found a solution and that someone from the US would pick up one of the remaining units - I suppose that would be you!

By the way - thank you!

Last edited on 12-21-2015 04:07 pm by KICHR

Current time is 12:47 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Limited Slip Differential anyone? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems