Bushing kits  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-26-2015 12:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
stuartmorgan

Hi Gang
Just some advice please
I've noticed that most JH parts suppliers list all the front end, suspension bushes all separately
Does any parts company supply complete front and rear suspension bush rebuild kits?
Thanks
Regards
Stuart

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-26-2015 06:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Screenplay

Hi Stuart,

I went with Super Pro bushings after riding in a car with the hard urethane (Prothane?) bushings - just my opinion but the urethane seemed to transmit a lot of vibration and the Super Pro pieces are made of a more pliable compound. Yet because my projects are still on jack stands, I have yet to experience the Super Pro pieces. If anyone can comment it would be great to hear.

There are a couple of part numbers for complete kits, depending on how complete you want to go:

5173K - All bushes including sway bar and shocks
5173k RG - All except sway bar and shocks

Please note that of the sellers who offer this kit, none include the upper front spring mount - part no. SPF1028-5K - and that was ordered separately. To complicate matters, a couple of sites list this part as a rear spring mount which it is definitely not.

I ordered mine from a place in the UK though it would certainly make more sense to source them locally as they are made in Australia - a great way to support the home team! Check out these links for TCD Automotive in the UK - if nothing else, these ebay listings include a complete list of the parts involved so you'd have a shopping list for your needs:

Full Kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jensen-Healey-II-Full-SuperPro-Polyurethane-Bush-Kit-/231410252051?hash=item35e1203913:g:050AAOSweW5VbVa5

RG Kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jensen-Healey-MkI-II-GT-Front-Rear-Arm-Bush-Kit-SuperPro-Polyurethane-/331402601473?hash=item4d29226401:g:z2UAAOSwKrhVbVbH

It's Thanksgiving Day here in the US and I have some pies to bake; no garage time today. Take care and best of luck.

Clinton

Last edited on 11-26-2015 06:41 pm by Screenplay

Posted: 11-27-2015 06:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
stuartmorgan

Hey Clinton
Thanks for that. Wow an entire Kit aint cheap, I looked at individual prices, they add up just about the same..
Im finishing interior and hood assembly over Christmas, so the squeaks can wait until March!
Happy baking over the long weekend, looks like its baking weather in SanFran
Cheers
Stu

Current time is 11:03 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Bushing kits Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems