Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > Carbon canister Dellorto hook up

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Carbon canister Dellorto hook up  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-16-2005 05:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
George

I am reconnecting my carbon canister (having rebuilt it), but don't know where the pipe from the can to the carbs goes on the Dellortos.  I think the previous owner removed the carbon canister when he replaced the Strombergs.  Anyway, I would appreciate some idea of where it connects.  A picture or a  reference to a part number in the parts manual would probably be best.  thanks for any help.

Also, I'm curious, anyone know why the carbon cannister has the gap in the bottom between the two filter pieces,  where the spring is?  I can't really figure what this space is for.  Cheers

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-16-2005 07:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

As far as I know, the carbon canister is purely a Federal item for the Strombergs. I rigged a fitting into the cold air box and it seems to evacuate the canister and keep the petrol smells away.

Posted: 07-16-2005 08:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
George

Thanks for the info.  I'm trying to get the fuel smells out of my trunk.  I no longer have the original air cleaner, my carbs each have their own filter. 

Posted: 07-16-2005 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

You might get enough suction if you route the hose into one of your K&N air filters.

Current time is 12:19 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > Carbon canister Dellorto hook up Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems