Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Wheels > Polished & Painted Stock Wheels

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
JohnRLB

I'm looking to buy a set of 4 polished and painted stock JH wheels. Must be nice. Please contact me if you know of any. Thanks. John.

dwalls1

Wheel Collision Center Bath, PA
610-837-8792 http://www.wheelcollision.com their part number
WCC1512. Mine were $600.00 exchange, but I'll bet they have them in stock without the exchange.

JohnRLB

I was hoping to get closer to $400. but at least they are available. I sold my VW sales manager a GT that we took in on trade in the 80s and he had the wheels done immediately. They looked  great! Now it’s just what my white JH needs. Thanks for the tip. By the way, anyone need a descent set of 4 stock wheels?

dwalls1

The $600.00 did seem steep to me, but when I got them and put them on I felt they were well worth it, They look like new and are better than new, as the clear coat will not yellow so quickly.

JohnRLB

I’m hooked! I’ll order them right away. I hope the $600. includes shipping. If not, oh well. Can’t wait! Thanks.

JohnRLB

Price has gone up a bit. Before I order, would it be too much to ask for a picture of yours? I just want to know that we’re on them same page. Appreciate it. johnrlb@cox.net

dwalls1

I can do that, but mine look just like the ones pictured on their site. I should mention that there was a $120.00 core charge that was refunded when they received my old wheels.

JohnRLB

I checked out their website. I can’t tell if they’re shiny, almost like chrome. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I’m just not remembering them right. I think I’ve seen some similar on EBAY.  If you don’t mind, I think I still need to see yours. Thanks so much.

dwalls1

I'm having trouble attaching the picture. Keeps telling me it's too big, though I have resized twice. My Kingdom for a techie.

dwalls1

OK here is a shot of my right front. It is a machined finish, not polished. The lug nuts have been blackened with a Magic Marker and the center decals are new reproductions.

Attachment: Car Photo_0003.JPG (Downloaded 188 times)

JohnRLB

That helps. MUCH appreciated. Very nice but not exactly what I had in mind. I'll have to think about it a bit. Thanks again.

dwalls1

You might contact them about putting a polish on them. They do restorative work on any type of wheel, so it should be within their capabilities.

JohnRLB

Good idea. I will.

NigelK

Over here in the UK where the roads are salted, general consensus is that it's better not to apply a clear lacquer to JH / GT wheels, as when this gets damaged by stone chips one ends up with unsightly corrosion under the lacquer. Un-lacquered wheels can be polished with Autosol or a similar product...

JohnRLB

Wow, conditions are just opposite here the hot deserts of Nevada (Las Vegas.) No salt here! Thanks for the advise. I'll keep it in mind.

dwalls1

I erred in referring to the Bath, PA folks wheels as being lacquered. I believe it is actually a powder coat process. AAR it is guaranteed, unlike the factory lacquer.

moolenijzer

There is a set of 4 on eBay right now. Don't know if the will polish up to what you're looking for.
I'm just looking for a spare for $50 free shipping. Come close but still looking!

JohnRLB

Wheel Collision Center is expecting a core set of wheels shortly. After they are refurbished, they will be sent to me.
I'm so excited! I'm having Madera Concepts redo all my dash parts. I'm so lucky. My JH is very stock and is certainly one of the best ever made. Delta will attest to that. It deserves only the best care and attention. That's my job. Thanks.

JohnRLB

Updated pic showing the new wheels I chose:

http://s255.photobucket.com/user/VegasJensenMan/media/74%20Jensen%20Healey/IMG_2702.jpg.html

Last edited on 05-28-2016 09:35 pm by JohnRLB

redracer

wow--very nice(you sure don't look 66?). Notice in the pix you show the stock wheels but your main/opening has the Panasport?
btw, didn't realize stock wheels were in any demand; I've already scrapped at the recycling center at least 80(of the worst ones) and kept about 40 "better" ones.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems