Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Jensen GT steering wheel  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-03-2015 05:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Frank Schwartz

Does anyone out there have a Jensen GT steering wheel with center cap they will sell or trade to me. I found one and the man said he was in business and would sell me one for 250 dollars...far outside my range...especially since I am not in the business and often give fellow Jensen owners any spares if I can help them...

Thanks,
Frank Schwartz

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-03-2015 06:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
chrisl

Hi Frank, not sure how your search is going but I had to buy one a couple of years ago and they are quite rare... and priced accordingly I'm afraid.

Posted: 05-05-2015 10:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
gmgiltd

Hi Frank - I appreciate this is not what you are looking for but I was in the same position a few years back and looking for an original wheel. I only managed to source one and it was really ratty and way too expensive.
I ended up getting one from Moto Lita which is period authentic, very high quality but also expensive. I have put the link below:
https://www.moto-lita.co.uk/our-products/your-car/Wheel_Details.aspx?CR_ID=154&CB_ID=18&WH_ID=5
Best of luck,
Gordon

Posted: 06-01-2015 08:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Frank Schwartz

I found one in a junk yard...even then, not cheap..and the horn button and emblem from the UK cost as much as the steering wheel....still I prefer the original wheel in this case as the MotoLita ..which are very nice, I must admit..

Posted: 06-03-2015 04:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
NigelK

That must have been quite a scrap yard to have a Jensen GT steering wheel...

There is actually one for sale on eBay UK as of this morning, albeit as part of the job lot including lots of other JH and GT parts, some of which are rather hard to find...

(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JENSEN-HEALEY-GT-ASSORTED-SPARES-JOB-LOT-INCLUDING-GETRAG-5-SPEED-GEARBOX-/201363915863?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee2398457)

Posted: 09-05-2015 04:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
wtberks

I bought a GT steering wheel from Joseph Mazurk out of Chicago. He had disassembled a number of GTs and had quite the stash at that time.

Current time is 12:11 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Accessories > Jensen GT steering wheel Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems