Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Motor Mount Shims - where to put them?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Motor Mount Shims - where to put them?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-31-2015 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
answerman

Planning ahead for the R&R of my exhaust manifold this weekend.   I purchased a package of 3/8" fender washers and will be slotting them to use as shims for the motor mount, just in case I have to shim things up to avoid problems with the steering.

Question: where is the preferred place to insert the shims?  Between the engine and the mount, or between the mount and the frame?  Or both (depending on how many I need)?

Or am I just obsessing about details that don't matter?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-01-2015 05:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

You're stressing too much.

For the current car that has the headers in it everything went back together fine without any shims. So maybe I got lucky this time. I do have several shims from various parts cars and they are in 3 different thicknesses with some slotted and some not.

Remember before you wrap everything up to test turning with the car under weight.

Posted: 04-01-2015 04:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
answerman

Thanks Art! I never even thought about checking with the car loaded down. Added to my list of notes.

Current time is 07:41 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Motor Mount Shims - where to put them? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems