Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Timing belt pully alignment

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Timing belt pully alignment  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 01-31-2015 05:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
CoryB

After I replaced the timing belt and the tensioner bearings, I discovered the timing belt runs towards the back side of the cam pulleys. This is new as the old belt ran smack in the middle of the pulleys. I know there is a flange built in to the crankshaft timing belt pulley, so it can't go off the backside. I have put straight edges across all the pulleys and they line up perfect, except the crankshaft pulley is farther back by about 3/16 inch. But, my real question is: When you press the new tensioner bearings in to the outer shell, how do you know where to stop? Is the face of the tensioner shell suppose to be flush with the face of the bearings? That "seems" to put the outer shell in the middle of the belt.

Anyone know? Thanks.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 02-04-2015 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
redracer

Putting each of the bearings flush with the surface of the outer casing is fine(there will be a little space in the center) but don't worry about them pressing aaginst each other. I usually put a very small amount of Loctite(242 is fine) on the surface of the outer shell where the outside part of the bearings mate, just to be sure

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 09:32 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Timing belt pully alignment Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems