Door Jensen GT  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-20-2014 03:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jensen GT

Hello,

a friend need a Jensen GT door.

Is the Jensen Healey door the same as Jensen GT door?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-20-2014 03:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
NigelK

Hi

Door shells are different part numbers between the JH (98011 and 98012) and the GT (99401 and 99402). The weatherstrip arrangement is definitely different on the GT door shell, and it may be different internally as well, in order to accommodate the electric window motors. It may not be that difficult to use a JH door on a GT (and vice versa), but I suspect modification would be needed. Martin Robey has LH GT door shells in stock.

Best wishes,
Nigel

Posted: 12-21-2014 06:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Art DeKneef

It's been several years but this is what I remember.

The door shells are the same as were the door handle locations and mounting brackets. You could use a Jensen Healey door with a GT.

However there are a few differences that make doing that not a practical idea. The insides are different making swapping parts an issue. The window glass is different. The GT door has the glass channels that fit all around the glass making a seal around the body to keep rain, noise and wind out.

I would have to pull the different doors from storage to tell you exactly the differences. Right now I have the GT doors minus the window frame/channel on my 74 JH. It does fit but I haven't got any further then that. I am hoping to get the electric windows working on the car at some point.

Current time is 09:43 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Door Jensen GT Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems