Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > 907 Front Main Seal Centering Tool

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
907 Front Main Seal Centering Tool  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-06-2014 07:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Esprit2

Greg,
Does the JHPS store carry the 907 seal centering tools?
Tim

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-07-2014 05:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

Sorry, we don't have anything like that. Sounds like a good thing to have though.

Posted: 11-07-2014 06:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Esprit2

I wanted to ask you first so I didn't step on any toes if the JHPS club store carried them.

The Lotus OEM front seal tool inventory is about gone. Lotus Cars, plc, has ten left world-wide, and they're $200 plus shipping. I've called all the Lotus parts vendors in North America, plus Delta Motorsports, and none of them have any in stock.

Over in the Lotus world, I'm doing a group buy to produce the front seal tool, and wanted to invite any interested J-H owners to join in.

I don't have a price yet. The price will be quantity-driven, so for now I'm polling to see how many owners want one. Based on prior group buy experience, I'm anticipating the price will be around $100+ in stainless steel. This is a non-profit, at-cost exercise. It will cost you what it costs us, plus packaging & shipping. Orders will be pre-paid. At this time, I'm just polling serious interest, and won't be taking actual orders until after I can provide a solid price.

My wrenching-buddy and I are not a business, we're just Lotus owners who see a need, and have the resources to do something about it, so we are. We're both engineers, and through his work, Dave has the machining vendor relationships to make this happen at a good price... 'if' we can build up a reasonable order quantity. At the moment, we have 16 orders.

This is a one-time group buy, and we will not be producing any additional inventory beyond actual orders. If you're thinking you might want one in the future, then now would be a good time to act. The future might be more of an eBay thing.

Would anyone here be interested in a 907 front main seal centering tool? If so, then PM me here, or shoot me an offline e-mail at TSEngel@comcast.net

*~*~*
It is necessary to center the seal during installation, but it's not necessary to use the centering tool. You can do the job manually if you know what you're doing; the tool just makes the task quick-n-easy, and ensures a good result.

Regards,
Tim Engel

Last edited on 11-08-2014 01:59 am by Esprit2

Current time is 05:52 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > 907 Front Main Seal Centering Tool Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems