Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > New Windshield Installation - Need Help - 1973 JH #13046

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New Windshield Installation - Need Help - 1973 JH #13046  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-10-2014 02:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Randallclary@icloud.com

The old one was cracked and then got broken during removal as part of my restoration project. I need a source and or help here in Southern CA that knows what they are doing to install my new windshield. I have a new one on hand. I want to make sure to use the correct materials (sealant, etc...)

I live in Riverside CA so the closer the better, and I know well that beggars can't be choosers.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-05-2017 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Randallclary@icloud.com

Hey Guys

One of the dangers of driving the JH everyday is having a rock invade your space. Well my JH took a hit last week and I cracked my windshield. I went ahead and bought two new ones at a great price and so I am offering the other new one to fellow JH owners with basically no freight cost since the cost. If anyone is willing to offer me $350 for one of my new windshields, it’s yours. You can have your pick since they are both brand new from Triplex. Just let me know. They will be coming in on the 17th of April.

Regards,

Randall Clary
909-938-2090

Posted: 04-05-2017 09:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
redracer

Randall: years ago(late '90s) we had to install quite a few on our cars(Atlanta, GA.). We found someone who had done Jaguars which have a similar process. Removing all the #2 cross point screw can be troublesome, as everything east of the Mississippi rusts. A hand impact hammer with WIHA bits(posidrive #2) will help(WIHA is MUCH tougher than any other bits). If you brake one, centertap and drill out(carbide drill bits VERY useful). After breaking the seal, slide the surround off and remove windshield. Be sure to save the plastic base stops(3) to ensure youir new one will not crack. We use/used poyurethane all around instead of the original seal. It is VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE URETHANE FILL EVERY GAO ON THE NEW WINDSHIELD. If there is a gap when pressing in the new windshield, you can guarantee a crack from the stress on the gap(the installer will explain that).
good luck

Posted: 04-06-2017 01:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Randallclary@icloud.com

Thanks for the advise.

Current time is 05:49 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > New Windshield Installation - Need Help - 1973 JH #13046 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems