Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Stainless Bumper  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-16-2014 03:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Steve Johnson

Looking for a front bumper for my 1974 Jensen Healey.
I am located in Santa Ana, Ca. 92703
Have had car for 27 years now, just had a little thumper on freeway, and have had bumper to several shops and seems like no body wants to work on it.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve Johnson
1974 Jensen Healey MK11, 15469

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-16-2014 10:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
answerman

This is a tough one. I talked to Delta about this a little while back and it appears that they can get new ones (assuming you're talking about the top stainless plate on the metal bumper) from England, but they are pricey (like ~$600).

Finding a used one in good shape is pretty much the Holy Grail. I know I'd love to find one. Mine is somewhat crinkled up, and I talked to a shop about having them use an English wheel to smooth it out, but their take was it wasn't going to be much cheaper, and they probably weren't going to be able to get it perfect.

It seems like a while back someone was trying to get a group together to split the tooling costs to have new ones made in quantity, but it didn't go anywhere.

Posted: 07-17-2014 07:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Frank Schwartz

Hmmmm...I know of a local sheet metal shop...a really big insdustrial one, that will do small stuff, too. They made new stainless door sills for me and Bob Adams..and they are beautiful. I might take one of my old front bumper stainless parts to them and see what they will do for me..and the cost...but it will not be cheap as they would be made one at a time... should I ???

Posted: 07-17-2014 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
answerman

Frank, I would be very interested. As I said earlier, the replacements from England are in the $600 range, so anything markedly less than that would be an improvement.

Posted: 07-18-2014 12:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Art DeKneef

Steve,

Do you need both pieces repaired or what? Got any pictures of the damage?

Art
Mesa, AZ

Posted: 02-23-2015 04:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Randallclary@icloud.com

Have you had any luck. My front top stainless bumper top is near perfect and the rear is slightly imperfect. I would like to get mine in a little better condition before I complete the reassembly of the car. Otherwise I was looking at coming up with bumpers on the real. The silver paint job is beautiful on the car and the stainless polished up looks great against it. Call me and I can share some photos.

I'm ready to send the car out to get the interior restored including the seats and all panels and carpeting. Would love some sources from you for that portion of my restoration.

Randy Clary
909-938-2090

Last edited on 02-23-2015 04:31 am by Randallclary@icloud.com

Current time is 09:13 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Stainless Bumper Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems