Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
soft top anchor points  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-10-2014 02:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jim

So, I tried to attach the frame of the soft top to the car. I have a plate on each side of the car behind the seats. This plate has three threaded holes and is held captive and has a bit of adjustment/movement. I can't figure out which combination of holes do I use to attach the soft top frame to. I've tried the lower and middle holes and the middle and upper hole. Yet none seam to allow the frame to fully extend and align with the brackets attached above the windshield. Anyone got a picture of this or can explain where I'm going wrong. The car is a 1975 year

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-10-2014 07:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
roland11a

I've just fitted mine and you have to use all three threaded holes in the captive plate. The other holes in the body allow the plate in the hood frame to sit flush with the body. the holes allow the rivets or bolts in the hood frame to be recessed.

Posted: 07-10-2014 10:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jim

Am I missing something. There are only two attachment brackets to secure the soft top frame to the body. So how do I use 'all three threaded holes".

Posted: 07-10-2014 11:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
roland11a

My hood frame is off for painting at the moment. I'll take some pictures in the morning.

I think we may be at crossed purposes. but as far as I can tell the attachement plate  bolts to the captive plate in the body using three bolts.

We'll get there in the end!!

Attachment: photo.JPG (Downloaded 91 times)

Last edited on 07-11-2014 05:44 pm by roland11a

Posted: 07-11-2014 11:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jim

Wow. That is nothing like I was expecting! 
I guess that I'm missing that attachment plate. It appears that the attachment plate is secured to the soft top frame (along with that spring?) and then in turn the attachment plate is screwed to the captive plate on the car body.
There are 3 tapped holes in the captive plate on my car, this plate has the movement (assumed for adjustment). There is an additional "fixed" threaded hole above the captive plate, but is is in a fixed location.
It appears that your attachment plate is screwed to that top screw hole also!?
I see in the photo the 2 shouldered bolts going through the 2 flat steel brackets of the top. The 3rd bolt holds the spring, I can't understand what the spring is for.
I cant find my Delta Motorsport book to see the exploded view of parts. I'll have to go online and give it a look see.
Thanks for the photo and reply
Jim

Posted: 07-12-2014 05:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
roland11a

I've no fixed threaded hole above the captive plate so i can't help you there! The spring supplies tention to the frame and assists whem pulling it down.

Posted: 07-13-2014 01:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Jim

In your photo you have 3 bolts, 2 that are through the bars of the soft top frame and 1 that has the spring attached. Then there are 3 "white" dots. Does the attachment plate have 6 holes. 3 that are for the soft top frame to connect to and 3 that are bolts that connect to attachment plate of the car frame. It appears to m that the attachment plate may have female threaded stand-off posts that the soft top attaches to.

Posted: 07-13-2014 03:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
roland11a

Jim
The so called 3 white dots are the holes in the plate through which the soft top frame assembly bolts use. The photo shows the frame in position but not bolted in.

However I've got another hood frame that has captive studs instead of bolt holes. Jensen must have used different designs depending on the age of the car. If you want any more detailed photo's I'd be happy to supply. Just pop your e mail on a PM

Pat

Posted: 07-13-2014 04:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
roland11a

Alternative bracket.

Attachment: photo(1).JPG (Downloaded 77 times)

Current time is 12:14 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > soft top anchor points Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems