Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Hood latch (Bonnet latch)

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Hood latch (Bonnet latch)  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-17-2014 01:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
michaelD

I think I have read where other owner have had the same problem but can not find a fix so here goes.

Hood seems to fit alright but latch will not lock. It seems to be about 1/2" short even though I have tried to extend it as far as the threaded shaft will allow.
Has anyone else had the same issue and how did you fix the problem. Duct tape even painted wouldn't look cool :-)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-17-2014 02:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Are you sure it is just not the spring loaded clip that the rod goes into is not sticking open, what does the hieght of the hood look like at the front portion of the fenders, are those adustable rubber capped bolts holding the hood higher than they should in the front corners ???

Brett

Posted: 04-18-2014 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Yes, lube the receiver and if it is working then loosen the large nut at the base of the spring and move it slightly. Then re-check. Look for marks on the paint that might indicate the correct position.
Kurt

Posted: 04-21-2014 08:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
answerman

Just an aside, and another thing to look at (which I just went through in my reassembly).

Is the hood far enough forward? I was realigning Ms. Jenavieve's hood this weekend (the left to right alignment is lots of fun!) and we had the same issue, and when I stepped back to look at it I realized that the hood was slid "too far back" on the hinges. Even if the pin looks like it's lining up right, because of the curve of the hood it sits differently on the supports at the front corners depending on the front/back alignment.

When we moved it forward (at least on my car, looking at pictures before I removed the hood, the front edge should extend just a bit past the headlight scoops) the pin dropped right in with plenty to spare.

Current time is 02:02 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Hood latch (Bonnet latch) Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems