Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Projects > teenager restoration project for college

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
teenager restoration project for college  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-30-2014 04:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jdog97

hello everyone I recently acquired Jensen 14548 a 1974 that was originally red, I am a softmore in high school and am restoring it to get into McPherson college and hope to have the whole car done by august 2015. currently I am re repairing damage from what looks like it was t-boned and was badly repaired with bondo and never fully repaired so I am redoing the bondo then primer and painting it. any advise or help would be greatly apreiciated. also when I purchased it it cm with a ton of extra parts including a brand new 4 speed transmission still in the shipping crate from England and I am wondering how hard it is to find a brand new transmission?

Attachment: 00B0B_cNMNxDQBHJG_600x450.jpg (Downloaded 90 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-30-2014 09:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

Welcome to the site. You will find answers to your JH questions here.

Working on the body is a lot easier with a rotisserie isn't it?

It is very hard to find a brand new transmission for these cars nowadays. Are you sure it is new and not rebuilt by one of the JH vendors over in England? Either way that is a good thing getting a lot of extra parts.

Is that a white JH in the background?

Posted: 03-30-2014 09:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
jdog97

The guy I naught this from had a second one but he sold it before I got mine. And yes it is easier all though right now I'm considering sending it to a body shop because someone try to repair it after it got t-boned with a pull hammer then did a bad job with the bondo. And I'm not absolutely certain it's a brand new itt has a really old shipping label on the crate but doesn't have a date on it

Posted: 03-30-2014 09:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
jdog97

Bought*

Current time is 10:52 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Projects > teenager restoration project for college Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems