Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
TR6 master cylinder conversion  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-18-2006 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
D.Drake

Well the Yeas have it .I will install it this weekend !

This particular M/C did  come marked as original Lucas /Girling /Trw  not that any of that means very much  .
 I do beleive in shopping locally as much as possible  it is nice to keep local businesses afloat  as they tend to be where you go when you are having difficulties . I don't mind paying a few points more for that 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-20-2006 12:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Ron Earp

D.Drake wrote:
 I do beleive in shopping locally as much as possible  it is nice to keep local businesses afloat  as they tend to be where you go when you are having difficulties . I don't mind paying a few points more for that 

I agree and do the same. But, in some case, such as with this obvious swap in part that is much less than rebuilding my old unit and much more reliable, I have to go for the new part.

But, I do everything as local as I can with respect to car stuff, even saving some purchases for the trackside parts vendor at higher prices.  A lot of racers do this just so he knows he is needed, makes some money, and keeps coming back. Because the one time he doesn't come back will be the one time you really need his $30 brake line, $20 bottle of MoTuL, etc. and you'll have wasted a weekend tring to race and not getting anywhere.

Ron

Posted: 05-22-2006 01:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
D.Drake

Mark
Just wanted to thank you for your assistance changing my M/C . Thanks to your  very informative description ,my job went very well !
I did have a "moment " when with the M/C filled with fluid and loosely installed the first pipe I tried to install decided to try and crossthread !
Amazing how fast that stuff can leak out !
I ended up removing the PDWA  and assembling the M/C and PWDA as a unit on the bench .

Current time is 06:36 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > TR6 master cylinder conversion Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems