Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
roland11a

Hi All

I know this is a long shot, but i'm trying to get a Flap - air vent assembly or more especialy the spring steel retaining catch. I had to doner cars and all bit one had snapped of of rusted away
The Flap - air vent assembly is the fresh air vent flap in the footwell, one each side of the centre tunnel.
If any one has one on a doner car thats spare i could have, that would be great.

Jensen part Number - 91763
Thanks Roland

Attachment: Air flap assembly.jpg (Downloaded 110 times)

Last edited on 01-17-2014 12:01 pm by roland11a

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Roland what you need is a piece of spring steel and bend it into shap, or another method would be to use a cabinet magnet, personally I would go with the magnet that way it does not matter if you over pull the flap you wont bend any metal and have to fav about trying to get it back up plus with the magnet the flap opens further for more air.

Brett

roland11a

Just be nice to have the correct part.

Opening to far is not a problem as there are additional stops. having said that we don't usually need a lot of fresh air in the UK is more use to have a good heater
Thanks for the idea's

roland11a

Sorted now, had a flash of inspiration. I used a strip of metal banding that usually holds building materials onto pallets and bent it into shape. Its just the right size and has got a lot more spring to it than mild steel

DDrake

What a great idea !
I have just fabricated a new vent for the drivers side and was wondering how to accomplish this

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems