Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > New Aluminum Tanks - Anyone Interested?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Topic closed
AuthorPost
Ron Earp

This steel stock tank in the JH is a nightmare. It is heavy, very heavy, and of course for most of us it is rusted heavily as well. I sealed mine, put baffles in it, and created two feeds for my pump setup. Outcome is fine, that is, it works.

However, I'm still not happy with it because of weight and the location of the weight, up high. I'm thinking about having the tank fabricated in aluminum with the same outside dimensions so that it will plug in as a replacement. 

I might just do a one off, or, if there is interest I'll see about having a bunch of them made. I would suspect they'll cost around $300 each, or thereabouts, to be made from good 2mm or 3mm ally panel with holes and fittings. If anyone is interested then post here so I can gauge demand and see if it is worth the hassle. 

Thanks much,

Ron

Ron Earp

If you know anything, let me know, that would be great. But, the tank is simple (if you want to follow OEM) and easily made. Frankly, I'd change the side placement of the pickup/float, but to make it fit for the average JH'er it'd be best not to have to re-arrange components.  It'd be easier to use the newer style sprial floats that are straight up and down and through the top - they work better and are more accurate, but that would be additional parts that I'm not interested in sourcing and sorting out for folks.

With my steel one I cut it apart and baffles were welded in, right and left sides, along with two 5/16" nipples, right and left, at the bottom of the tank near the baffles. I don't use a float since I don't need a fuel gauge, but for street cars people would want to use their fuel gauge floats.

R

Mark Rosenbaum

Other than the quality issue (steel-to-stainless welds?) with the stainless tanks Delta once offered, I don't know of any problems with aftermarket tanks, though nowadays there may be an assortment of federal regulations and/or restrictions involved in manufacturing them.

The baffles, dual nipples, and top-loading fuel sender are all good ideas that improve on the original design. There's room in the trunk to make the tank lower and wider both left-right and front-rear, to lower the center of gravity somewhat.  I seem to recall that some Brit car used the top of the fuel tank as the floor of the trunk, which probably isn't all that wise, but does get the mass of the fuel down pretty low.  Or you could put the spare tire inside the trunk, and the tank below the trunk floor....

Provision for a fuel gauge sender would be essential for street use, but unless you can state that some specific sender fits the tank and is compatible with the stock Smiths fuel gauge, a lot of potential customers would likely lose interest.  This doesn't mean you would have to provide the item yourself, rather it could be mentioned on a list of things needed to adapt the tank to a JH.

All in all, an interesting project.  And if it it doesn't work out, you might be able to get an article that Greg Fletcher could use in the magazine....

Sander

What about creating something like the tank used in the GT?

Ron Earp

Don't know what that looks like, but I assume it is slung under the trunk. I would normally put a fuel cell under the truck or through it, but I have panhard rod bracing and bars that prevent me from accomplishing this - thus I am using the stock tank location.

One thing nice about the stock location is that it is far forward of most tanks, and with 60lbs of fuel plus the 25-30 lb tank it is a lot of weight better there than hanging off the rear of the car. On the other hand, it is up high and thus raises the roll center - not desirable. Biggest thing to be is to ditch that tank weight, it is overbuilt and just too heavy. An ally tank will perform every bit as well and be some 60% lighter.

Ron

Ron Earp

themagicalswitch, or whomever you might be, it is doubtful that there will be enough interest to make a run of these things.  More than likely I'll just make one for myself for use as there are only a couple of people who have expressed interest.  Plus, these sorts of things always seem to fall apart at the end when it comes time for money to actually travel - $300 seems okay to talk about but when people start to compare it to the worth of the car, well, it seems high.

themagicalswitch

Well I don't need one per say, but I'd like to save some weight on this restoration. I like the idea in other words.

I'm surprised money would be such an issue, I think that is a reasonable price. Considering the cost of dellortos is $2200 and a used bonnet is several hundred at best.

In my spare time I build and tune Ducati motorbikes. A light weight tank is about $1400 and saves around 5 lbs. Not to mention a carbon, or magnesium wheel set. That is several thousand. Although on a motorbike you really feel that weight reduction.

Last edited on 07-07-2005 07:24 pm by themagicalswitch

Harkes

Hi Ron,

just back from a short holiday. as you may have read i'm about to restore my tank as it leaks and is pretty rusted. A stainless steel tank from Delta was in my opinion the way to go, but Delta don't sell them nomore cause of problems with them.

So yes i'm definitely interested and 300 $ sounds ok to me if i can drop it in as an exact replacement. As i live in the Netherlands, is that ok for you in terms of shipping (which costs are then of course mine)?

let me know and thanks

erik harkes 

Panini

Had a JH, and my son and I just got another. Would be interested if it would be a drop in replacement. Not all that concerned about weight since when I get in the car, dinamics HAVE to change. I'm more interested in the rust factor.

I'm not sure you're correct in the interest. Do most owners regularly cruise the boards? If you were to produce, install, and be sucessful;, there might be a way to attain the mailing list from JHPS. or article as Mark states.

J&N

Last edited on 07-13-2005 08:23 pm by Panini

Ron Earp

I am going to check with my welder/fabricator next Monday when I drop the JH off for a side exit NASCAR style exhaust. Don't like NASCAR, it is just I've used side exits on a lot of my performance cars and you can't beat the ease of removal, light weight, and power gains with the short length. On the downside they are loud, but that is okay on a race car.

If Robert thinks he can do them for $200-$350 then I'll check back here and see how many.  They would have the same outside dimensions, same hole in the side for sender/output, and hole in the top for gas. Mine will have baffles in it and two pickups at the bottom on the front, like I did with my steel tank.

Ron

Harkes

Hi Ron,

if i may i would suggest to have all of them made with baffles as i am planning to use my jh on a track every now and then too (not for races ..).

i'm very excited and i hope it will work out.

Good luck with your fine race car. God i wish i was ready. My engine is at the dyno as we speak so soon i have the results.

cheers

erik

Ron Earp

The baffles will cause problems for those with stock equipment and want to keep that mess. The stock tank had a float, which is going to foul on the baffles, and a pickup of some design that I don't know (mine was rusted off). I assume the pickup came in the side and went toward the middle of the tank at an angle.  Also, on the baffled tanks I plan to have them packed with Fuel Safe foam which is a fire safety thing - it would preculde using senders and stock pickups.

If you're simply autocrossing I'm sure the stock tank will do okay, Judson will know. If it does starve you could band aid it with a "swirl pot". Have the pump pull fuel through a small vessel thus creating a supply reservior to supply the pump at all times. I'll post a picture of this setup as I am using this as well in addition to the two pickups and baffles to make sure we don't starve in long corners.

R

Harkes

the "swirl pot" sounds like a great solution! Thanks by the way for taking the effort with regards to the aluminum fuel tanks!! I truly hope your guy is willing to make them.

cheers, Erik

Ron Earp

Just to keep you updated - I did not see Robert this week since the JH got delayed with the driveshaft making, but I will see him next Wednesday and get some rough ideas of feasibility.

Once I get my car back from the driveshaft joint I'll take picture of my fuel system and post so you can see a easy way to make a swirl pot without spending a fortune.

Ron

Dan Collier

RCI has a complete line of strong, lightweight aluminum fuel cells ranging in size from 1 to 20 gallons. Each fuel cell features fully welded, all-aluminum construction and a flush mount aircraft-type fill lid. They all include internal foam baffling, and several models are available with a fuel sending unit. The cells have two -10 AN male fuel pickups located in the bottom of the cell and a single -8 AN fitting for use as a vent or fuel return. In addition, these cells are available in your choice of red, blue, or black powdercoat and natural aluminum.
http://store.wpsracing.com/rcialfuce.html

Take a look at some of these RCI fuel tanks.

Dan Collier
JH74 14381 2.2L
Jensen-Healey Preservation Photo Gallery

Ron Earp

Well, I don't think this thing is going to work out.  I think the prices would just be too high for the average JHer - no offense, to anyone, I'm in that boat too!  I'm getting estimates in the high $300 range and that just seems a little much.  I'd be willing to pay it for a one off for a racing tank, but that might not make sense for everyone else.

I've got another guy I'm going to try next week and see what he estimates. I'll be back!

Oh Dan, good post. RCI's tanks are sold through JEG's as a JEG's brand and are good cells. I have the second one down on the page that I was planning to use in the Jensen, but it just didn't fit too well as I've mentioned in the upper part of the thread. The JH actually has a great tank location after I kept thinking about it - far inboard, right over the axle.  Only thing is weight is high, but I'd rather have it there than hanging out the back where it will get hit. For those that don't want a OEM tank I'd do a RCI or JEG's tank like above, they are good - just have to fab your own place to put them and go from there.

R

Last edited on 08-10-2005 11:24 am by Ron Earp

Harkes

Ron,

if the other guy can't do it cheaper than i would still be interested for a aluminium fuel tank in the high 300 dollar range. The way i figure: restoring my very rusted tank costs me at least 120 euro in just POR 15 paint and POR 15 tank sealer and the amount of work i have not even calculated. (120 euro is about 160 dollar).

Also i still won't be sure after treatment with the por 15 stuff it will be sealed 100%. So if it is ok with you and if your guy can do it then please do 1 for me please

best regards

erik

jensen4u

I am going to check in to a few options myself. I have my tank our and it needs replacing. I called a renu company and it will be around $350 plus shipping and I just do not feel good about the dyi. So I am going to call fuel cell manufacturers to see if they can produce one that fits in the oem location. I can see spending $400 for my old tank when I could have something new say in aluminum or ss.

Harkes

i have had contact with http://www.jaguarbyjorge.com based in Chula Vista CA. He builds new original OEM design fuel tanks (baffled) for Jaguars & Triumhs.

He sells the new manufactured triump fuel tanks for around $200 and it looks almost similar to the JH fuel tank. I have asked him if he would be willing to do a run of JH fuel tanks and he replied luck woud have it that a customer of his just brought in his old JH fuel tank. As we speak he is tooling it and he said he would have one built by the end of this month or beginning of Sep! He could then say more about how much he would want for the tank. Jorge also can manufacture chrome bumpers or fenders etc etc.

Have a look at the TR 3 fuel tank: http://www.jaguarbyjorge.com/TR36.htm

As soon as i hear from him i'll post a new message on the board with full details.

best regards

erik harkes

jensen4u

Wonder if he would make some out of aluminum or stainless? I just can't see $400 for my old tank back. There has got to be a better solution.

jensen4u

Erik,

I was just curious about the tank so I called George. He told me that he would be able to make thisw tank in steel, stainless, and aluminum. He is going to call me back in about a week with prices. I will be sure to post this for everyone. Provided the price is resonable this could be geat news for us JH owners in search of a fuel tank.

Harkes

i couldn't agree with you more. An aluminium tank would be ideal! I hope the price will be in the range of 300$ for an aluminium one.

thanks for calling Jorge.

cheers

erik

Joel

As luck would have it - it appears I'm in the market for a new tank. I just bought the car. I've been working on other gremlins - see my posts. But, I thought because she was running so bad I was getting REALLY crappy mileage.

Well - the car as set for about 2 weeks. Guess what? No gas! I haven't checked to see where it's leaking but gas tank is my guess.

Long story short - i'm about 15 minutes from CHula Vista. Please post on the tank when you have the $$. I'd be happy to run down there and chat with him in person.

Last edited on 09-01-2005 04:21 am by Joel

Harkes

Including you that would be 3 persons already and perhaps Ron is interested in an alumium tank. Jensen4u has had contact with Jorge too and as soon as Jorge has done the tooling on the JH tank and actually made one, he'll get back with prices.

May be if you wait a couple of days you could go down there to actually inspect the JH fuel tank he made and determine/discuss the quality and price?

Jorge said he would have the tank made beginning of September. For me the price will determine whether it will be a normal steel one or an stainless steel one or alu.

please let us know what you find

thanks,

erik

Harkes

correction, including Dan we are 4. If Ron is interested for aluminium one than we are with 5 and i'll bet there will be quite a few more when the price is good!

may be we can even get discount when can do a batch of 10 or so.

will be continued,

cheers

erik, netherlands

Joel

I just got off the phone with Jorge. He set up the tooling and can make tanks. He said he spent 5 grand getting set up. (???)

Anyway, for a steel tank - $349.95. For Aluminum $600.00.

He told me he could have a tank for me next week.

Damn, this is going to be expensive.

Ron, anything else from your guy?

jensen4u

I wonder if we all committed to George if he would cut us a price break on the aluminum tank. If he would discount it say $100 I would buy one today.

pchung

if jorge can manage to come up with a group discount price of around $4 to 500.00 @ alumium tank. You can count me in on one!

tks, Pchung

Joel

If I can get 10 people committed - I'll call him up and try to negotiate. Maybe Greg (I'm bettting you're reading this) would be willing to throw a little 'I'll advertise your tanks on JHPS' weight behind us?? Greg - you can call or PM me (do we have private messaging on this forum??) and we can discuss a way to negotiate with Jorge so there's some benefit for JHPS as well in the agreement.

600 bucks seems a little steep to me. At the 400 +/- it seems reasonable. If Jorge really did spend 5 grand to set everything up, an order of 10 @ 500 bucks would cover his set up costs.

I'm flying out of the country for a week on Tuesday. So, if we can get a roster going and discuss with Greg ASAP it would be good. I would think we would need to give Jorge a reasonable deposit. I'd be willing to give 50%. So - in order to have a real discussion w/ Jorge - who's willing to cough up 50% immediately to get a tank made?

Greg - if I can get a long list of definates maybe we can set up a conference call with Jorge?

Joel

PS: if we want ANY changes to the tank design it must be done now - or people will have to discuss with Jorge for costs associated with changing the original plan. FOr me - I can go stock - but if there are a couple of great ideas we can incorporate (and it doesn't take a millenia to agree upon them) I think this is a great time to implement them.

Harkes

Joel, grant you are taking this up! 600 is pretty high for an alu tank. 400 is indeed more in the range i was hoping for. Together with Greg/JHPS and a list of at least 10 definites we should be able to get a better price. 400 $ for an aluminium and I buy today!! (Otherwise i will opt for the stainless steel one which is cheaper but heavier, but i feel everyone is more interested in the lighter aluminium one)

Look forward to the next steps.

erik harkes

themagicalswitch

I'm in for $400-$500. I doubt I'd be interested at $600 as I have a useable tank already.

Joel

Looking back over the thread I have:

The yeas at:

me
Majic Switch
Hawkes
PChung
Jensen4U
Dan Collier

The 'maybes':
Don
Panini
Jim

jensen4u

I'm in at $400-$500 for the aluminum tank. Just curious thought Harkes what SS tank are you refering to be cheaper. As I would prefer aluminum, but could definitely live with SS for the right price.

I could not agree more with a collective agreement on any changes we may want. I am sure that Judson Manning would have some good input.

Gary Martin JH 15371

I am also interested in a new tank. I had my old one cleaned and sealed with some red goop poured inside at a local radiator shop for $140. I'm not satisfied with the work. Tank still looks like crap on the outside and not sure how long the sealer inside will hold out.

I want something that is not going to rust. So sheet metal is out. I'm not too concerned with weight, so a stainless steel one would be fine for me.  The difference in weight between Aluminium and SS can't be more than a gallon of gas anyway. So I think SS would be fine for most people unless they are racing.

By the way that Triumph tank by George looks darn close to a JH tank. Has anyone compaired the two ? Looks like it might bolt right in with very little conversion. And it is only $199. Maybe he has a SS or Al version of that for less than $600.

Gary   

jensen4u

Hey Guys,

Got the email from Jorge with prices. I know we already have them, but I thought this to be a good opportuntiy to negotiate with him so I responded as follows. Hope none of you minded me taking this on.

Jorge,
Thanks for getting back to me. I have been discussing your progress on a new JH tank to a group and we have gained some interest in the (14 GA./.080) aluminum tank. I have to say we are all shocked at the prices you have given me considering your prices for other similar tanks. I was expecting your price to be around $200 for steel, $300 for aluminum, and $400 for SS. I think we would not have any problem to committing to say 10 units of the aluminum tank for a better price. I understand tooling of such items can be costly and steel prices have been high but I am certain that if we committed to 10 this would be a good move in the right direction to pay for this tooling. My intensions are not to insult your efforts in any way. With that said would you be willing to manufacture say 10 (14 GA./.080) aluminum JH tanks for a total price of $400 ea delivered. We would be willing to consider say 50% down to show our commitment. Please advise me so that I can pass this info on to my group.
Regards,
Brad

I hope I captured the thread and all of our thoughts here accurately. I will be sure to post any response once I have one. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for now though!!!

jensen4u

Hey Guys,

Just got this email back from Jorge. Let me know what you think.

HELLO BRAD,

THE REASON THAT I SELL THE STEEL MGA, MGB, TR3 "A&B", THE AH3000 & AH100-4 FUEL TANKS FOR $249.95, IS THAT WE MADE THE TOOLING FOR THOSE TANKS 30 YEARS AGO & I'VE SOLD LITERALLY HUNDREDS & HUDREDS OF THOSE FUEL TANKS OVER THESE YEARS AND I STILL SELL PLENTY OF THEM EVERY MONTH.

IN THE LAST MONTH I'VE SPENT OVER $6000 MAKING THE TOOLING FOR THE JENSEN HEALEY FUEL TANKS, IN ORDER TO RECOVER THESE EXPENSE AND START MAKING MONEY I HAVE TO SELL OVER 50 FUEL TANKS & THE PRICES OF THE MATERIALS, SUPPLIES AND LABOR KEEP GOING UP AND UP... WITH THE FUEL PRICE INCREASES AND THE AFTERMAT OF KATRINA'S, I PREDICT THET THE COSTS ARE GOING TO RAISE EVEN MORE.

I WILL COMIT TO MAKING 10 "ALUMINUM" JH FUEL TANKS @ $449.95 EA. + $50 S&H = INS. = $499.95 EA. DELIVERED (ANY PLACE IN THE CONTINENTAL USA), AS LONG AS THEY ARE ALL ORDERED AT ONE TIME AND PAID IN FULL IN ADVANCE (THIS IS NOT A NEGOTIABLE POINT, I DO NOT MAKE ANY PART FOR ANYBODY, INCLUDING ALL THE MAJOR RETAILERS: MOSS, XK'S UNLIMITED, WELSH JAGUAR, ETC... WITHOUT FULL PAYMENT IN ADVANCE), 4 TO 6 WEEKS DELIVERY.

I NEED TO KNOW A.S.A.P., BECAUSE ALL MY WORKERS ARE ON "PIECE WORK" AND ONCE THEY START A JOB I CAN NOT STOP THEM TO START ANOTHER.

HOPING TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU.

REGARDS,
JORGE CERVERA

Harkes

450 is still pretty high for alu one (for stainless steel version it would be ok).

350 would be a really good deal ror an aluminium version. May be if Greg/JHPS puts extra weight in there by becoming the JH fuel tank reseller.. (Greg might be interested in stocking the fuel tanks, if so Jorge can be assured of future sales to get an early ROI) we might then be able to get 350 an alu one?

many thanks for taking it up with Jorge, Brad!!

oh yeah...i live in the netherlands. Hopefully Jorge would be willing to send one over for 100 S+H (350 + 100 = 450..)

Erik Harkes

Last edited on 09-05-2005 07:44 am by Harkes

Joel

Brad:

No worries. Thanks for chatting w/ Jorge.

Harkes - you should be able to ship international for 100 bucks. As long as you don't care how long it takes. . .

Keep posting your progress on getting the prices down. I'm outta town for the next week or so. But, I'm committed. Even at 450 I'll do it. But, I'd much rather see 350.

I also think this would be a good time to talk about any changes to the tank. Baffles? What else? Pretty much a simple drop in is my preference but I'm open to suggestions.

Also, what kind of problems did Delta have w/ their steel tanks that led to their being discontinued?

pchung

Hi, Brad

Thanks for communicating w/ Jorge for the group! I still commit to ONE unit, even that Jorge wants $450 each.

Can you talk him into include baffles for the same price!

Thanks again.

Pchung

Harkes

Jorge said, and i quote: THEY WILL COME COMPLETE WITH BAFFLES INSIDE, DRAIN PLUG AND NYLON GASKETS... unquote.

so 450$ includes baffles etc etc. but hopefully we can get it more down

Delta's problem with their new stainless steel tanks was that they seemed to be leaking...which is not a good thing.

what might be a good idea is, that someone goes down to Jorge may be together with Greg/JHPS to inspect the JH tank and then negotiate prices further..??

hope it works out!!

Last edited on 09-06-2005 07:20 am by Harkes

Joel

I am out of town for a week but can meet him in person in 10 days or so. Do your best. Then I'll go see him in person. But PLEASE let's chat when I get back so we can present a unified front. Any design changes and Greg's 'JHPS' situation are things I should know about. YOu guys figure out where you are and I'll meet him mid to late the week after next.

Let's keep a unified front. I'm willing to buy one at 450 cash right now. But, I would love 100 bucks off. AND, I'm hoping I can hold out and help to hook everyone else up. So, I'm holding out to try to work with the group. I suggest everyone else do the same.

I'm a binniz guy and willing to help IN PERSON if necessary when I get back from my trip to Japn in 8 days or so. Keep me posted.

cheers,

Joel

Harkes

A Triumph TR3A new aluminium fuel tank in the netherlands costs Euro 298,- . Since this tank looks very similar to the JH $ 350/375 should be feasible.

Check it out: https://www.limora.com/index1.php?tpl=sonderrubrik_anzeigen.tpl&kat=53&actmenu=53&PHPSESSID=fd7c2f350387d45359d8117fdaa853af&rubrik=19
erik

Last edited on 09-06-2005 11:42 am by Harkes

Greg Fletcher
Administrator

The stainless steel fuel tanks that Delta sold a while back were discontinued because they leaked! Welding stainless steel properly is a demanding task. The warranty end of this sort of collaped from the manufacturer and Delta stopped selling them to cut their losses. This was a major fiasco and underscores all the more why reproduction tanks are so complicated and cost as much as they do.

JHPS is staying out of this deal. I currently have another Jensen Healey fuel tank recondition project in the works. Original tanks get reconditioned and will be guaranteed for life!

jensen4u

Guys,

I sent the below email to as for a reduced price one more time via emal. I may try to call Jorge tomorrow to see if this will help any. I know some of you think this price is high for this tank @ $400. I personally will buy one for this price deliverd as I prefer it over the rebuild process. I agree we must stay unified in this deal and that we must get any changes requested NOW not weeks from now. I need a tank for my JH and many of you may just want to upgrade. Either way I need to know who is commited and whom is not @ the $400-$450 price delivered. Please let me know what you all think of my response to Jorge as I tried to convey our points while trying to be respectful of this guys efforts to accomidate our hobbies.

Jorge,

I have reported your response to my group and we are still commited to a lesser price. I have attached a link that shows aluminum tanks for other britsh cars similar to the JH for much less. Here is the deal...... I think most if not all would be willing to go as high as $400 deliverd (US) per tank for 10 pieces. We understand your investment and the rising material/labor cost, but this seems more than fair. Besides this is a large group and I am certain with good feedback from us first 10 your tanks will sell plentiful in the future. Just think of it as marketing your product the best way possible...word of mouth. I myself am considering the endless possibilities here with you....such as patch panels and other potientially fabricated parts. I see it as a win win situation for you and your business. I guess if we are not able to work this difference out many may opt for the remanufacuring process for less$$ and a lifetime warranty. I personally would hate seeing it come to that as we both want this to happen. Get back to me and I will relay your response to the group.

One last thing is we have some potiential european interest in this tank and I need you to confirm increase if any in cost for shipping.

Check it out: https://www.limora.com/index1.php?tpl=sonderrubrik_anzeigen.tpl&kat=53&actmenu=53&PHPSESSID=fd7c2f350387d45359d8117fdaa853af&rubrik=19

Thanks,

Brad

Harkes

i am in too. The email is very good.

erik, netherlands

jensen4u

This was the response back from Jorge. I am going to give him a call for one last try. I see best case at this point being $400 for the tank plus $50 for shipping for a total of $450.

HI BRAD,

I APPRECIATE THE OFFER, BUT I CAN'T MAKE THE FUEL TANKS FOR LESS...  AFTER I JUST SPENT OVER $5000 IN THE TOOLING AND IF OTHER MANUFACTURERS ARE NOT MAKING THE JENSEN HEALEY TANKS AT ANY PRICE THERE MUST BE A REASON...

MY PRICES STAND AND I'LL TAKE MY LIKINGS IF THAT COMES TO BE...

I'VE HAD MY BUSINESS OVER 32 YEARS... I HAVE 25 MEN WORKING PIECE WORK, 6 DAYS A WEEK AND I DON'T HAVE ONE SINGLE PART IN THE SHELVES OVER 3 MONTHS OLD... AND I CAN HARDLY KEEP UP WITH THE ORDERS, I'M 62 YEARS OLD AND I DON'T PLAN TO ENLARGE MY BUSINESS FOR ANY REASON AND MAKING THE TANKS TO BREAK EVEN DOES NOT APPEAL TO ME...

REGARDS,
JORGECREVERA

frank12873

Looking into the future, it would certainly be helpful to have a source for replacement fuel tanks for our cars. Ten years from now, we don't want to be sucking fuel from a red plastic gas can in our trunks; at least I don't. This guy seems reputable and must do good work; you don't stay in business as long as he has without those attributes. We're lucky he's interested in making these things for our very special-interest cars. I think we should gratefully accept his price, and start collecting the money from people interested in the first production run of tanks. Just my 2 cents.

jensen4u

Guys,

I have just gotten off the phone with Jorge. He was a little offended that we have requested a second round discount after he provide what he thought to be a very nice discount the first time. We discussed the pricing of this tank for some time in depth. He is not willing to reduce the price any futher to get this order. He even remarked that if we could order 15-20 the price would not reduce any further. I believe this guy is very capable and willing to make us a high quality tank and we should proceed with this order of 10+. We must have the 10 or the price will change. He will be listing the tanks on ebay following our deal for the originally quoted price. I myself want to take advantage of this reduced pricing. I have so far confirmed commitments from Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself to make 3. Please respond to this post to include yourself in this order. You may also email me @ jensenhealey@hotmail.com.

As for the funding portion of this transaction. I think we all should send our money in at the same time to Jorge. Once we have all 10 we can set the date and I will notify Jorge of this mailing/payment info. I believe this to be the safest way for all involved.

Regards,

Brad

jensen4u

Some more information for those whom are interested.

HELLO BRAD,

I ONLY MADE THE PROTOTYPE IN MILD STEEL, HERE IS A PHOTO...

THE TANKS WILL BE MADE OUT OF "ALUMINUM" TO ORIGINAL SPECIFICATIONS, WILL INCLUDE A DRAIN PLUG WITH A NYLON GASKET AND A NYLON GASKET FOR THE FUEL SENDING UNIT, THE TANKS WILL HAVE THE SAME OVERALL MEASUREMENTS, FUEL CAPACITY AND DESIGN... THEY WILL BE PREASURE TESTED AND WILL NOT LEAK...

FOR 30 DAYS, I WILL REFUND THE PRICE OF THE FUEL TANK, FOR MANUFACTURING DEFECTS ONLY, ANY OTHER RETURNS WILL CAUSE A 25% RE-STOCKING FEE... NO REFUNDS ON THE SHIPING COSTS, EITHER WAY.

ALL 10 ORDERS HAVE TO BE PAID IN FULL IN ADVANCE... I WILL SHIP TO ANY PLACE IN THE CONTINENTAL USA, FOR $50 S&H + INS., ANY OTHER LOCATIONS WILL BE PRICED ACCORDINGLY.

I NEED TO KNOW A.S.A.P., BECAUSE AS I EXPLAINED EARLIER ALL MY WORKERS ARE ON PIECE WORK AND ONCE THEYSTART A JOB, I CAN'T SWITCH THEM AROUND...

REGARDS,
JORGE CERVERA

Attachment: steel tank.jpg (Downloaded 46 times)

Joel

As before, I'm in. I'm in Japan until next week but can drop a check anytime after that. If necessary I can pay via paypal.

Joel

pchung

I'm still in! Just tell me when & where to send the funds!

Thank, Pchung :)

jensen4u

All,

So far I have the following people commited for the aluminum tank + shipping for $500

Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself

We have 5 to date and need all interested to let us know soon. We must reach 10. Please join us if you are thinking of changing your tank any time in the near future please include yourself in the order or you may regret it as Jorge has assured me this is a one time discount for the JH tank.

Regards,

Brad

jensen4u

The current committed list is:

Jim Sohl, Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself

We have 6 only 4 more to go.....

Dan Collier

Well, seven has always been my lucky number. Count me in gents.

Dan Collier
JH74 14381 2.2L

jensen4u

Dan Collier, Jim Sohl, Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself

We have 7 only 3 more to go.....

Gary Martin JH 15371

Count me in too.

Gary Martin

jensen4u

Gary Martin, Dan Collier, Jim Sohl, Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself

We have 8 only 2 more to go.....

jensen4u

All,

Very surprised the list has not changed over the weekend!

Never the less I will attempt to place this order with Jorge on Thurs 09/15/05. Therefore, I will need any additions to this list made be the end of the day Wed 09/14/05. If we do not have the 10 required I will try to see if Jorge will honor the deal at 10.

Please commit if you have not and are interested in this special price for an aluminum gas tank.

Regards,

Brad

jensen4u

Hey Guys,

Tonight is your last chance to get in on this special priced aluminum tank. Please let me know if you are in.

Gary Martin, Dan Collier, Jim Sohl, Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself
I will be calling the supplier in the AM to confirm our order. If you need to email me please do so at jensenhealey@hotmail.com

Regards,

Brad

jensen4u

Guys,

It is done! I have placed the order for 8 aluminum JH fuel tanks. Jorge was kind enough to honor the price for 10 as he will build some extra to place on eBay for the originally quoted price.

Payment of these units becomes the next order of business. I suggest either you send the money electronically via http://www.paypal.com where you can use any funding available to you at jorgecervera218@hotmail.com or you can mail payment directly to him at Jorge Cervera - 1172 3rd Ave. Suite D3 #33 - Chula Vista, CA 91911. Please keep in mind the form of payment may affect when your unit construction starts. He has provided me an approximate of 2 week from receipt of cleared payment for delivery +/-. I personally have already sent my payment via paypal and would recommend the same for each of you as it is fast, easy, and free. We must each own up to our commitment by sending payment quickly as Jorge is concern about this as I am. Please erase our concerns by sending payments ASAP.

By the way I am confident that if there is another person or two here that did not commit originally that want a tank now Jorge would not turn down the business if you act quickly.

Regards,

Brad

jensen4u

Guys,

I have sent either a private maessage or email to each of the committed members. Please confirm once you have made payment. If for any reason you need to contact Jorge direct his info is as follows:

Phone/Fax - 562.867.0576

Direct - 619.948.6972

http://www.jaguarbyjorge.com

Regards,

Brad

themagicalswitch

Sent payment today. (Through the mail)

Last edited on 09-15-2005 11:00 pm by themagicalswitch

Dan Collier

I placed my order directly with Jorge today. I'm the second order he has received so far.

Dan Collier
JH74 14381 2.2L

Gary Martin JH 15371

Just sent my payment with PayPal.

Thanks, Gary

Joel

Sent payment via PayPal.

Joel

pchung

Hi, guys

I'd just paypal my funds to Jorge! Don't know I'm the fifth or sixth to send!

Tks, Pchung

Jim Sohl

Sent my m.o. today. Thanks to all for getting this together. Now the fun part, waiting for the hard goods to show up!
Jim

Harkes

I have also paid. I'm sixth in line.

Thanks guys for making this all possible and Jorge of course.

Erik, Netherlands

jensen4u

All,

Jorge has sent me an email stating he has only recieved payment from the following.

1.- BRAD KESLER – jensen4u

2.- LEON McGEE - ?

3.- GARY MARTIN – Gary Martin

4.- JOEL LIROT - Joel

5.- PETER CHUNG - pchung

6.- ERIK HARKES - Harkes

7.- JIM SOHL (NO E-MAIL ADDRESS) – Jim Sohl

It appears he did not acknowledge the payments from the following members which have indicated on the board that you sent payments.

8. Dan Collier - Dan Collier

9. Anthony Creek – themagicalswitch

If you believe this an error please let Jorge or myself know soon as I want to help resolve this quickly.

Thanks,

Brad

Last edited on 09-25-2005 03:22 pm by jensen4u

themagicalswitch

jensen4u wrote:
All,

Jorge has sent me an email stating he has only recieved payment from the following.

1.- BRAD KESLER – jensen4u

2.- LEON McGEE - ?

3.- GARY MARTIN – Gary Martin

4.- JOEL LIROT - Joel

5.- PETER CHUNG - pchung

6.- ERIK HARKES - Harkes

7.- JIM SOHL (NO E-MAIL ADDRESS) – Jim Sohl

It appears he did not acknowledge the payments from the following members which have indicated on the board that you sent payments.

8. Dan Collier - Dan Collier

9. Anthony Creek – themagicalswitch

If you believe this an error please let Jorge or myself know soon as I want to help resolve this quickly.

Thanks,

Brad

He called me on the phone last week on Tuesday to say that he received the payment I sent in the mail.

I just checked my online banking and he cashed my check last Thursday.

Not sure what else I could do.

jensen4u

All,

I would like to thank all for your fast responses and payments. It appeared that there was some sort of mix up and that all payments had been recieved. We had a total of 9 buyer for this tank when it was all said and done. I think this is a great response to a project like this. For any other interested person(s) Jorge has placed the JH tank on his website for order. I would like for our next project to be body panels as Jorge has shown some real interest in this project as well. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Brad

themagicalswitch

jensen4u wrote:
All,

I would like to thank all for your fast responses and payments. It appeared that there was some sort of mix up and that all payments had been recieved. We had a total of 9 buyer for this tank when it was all said and done. I think this is a great response to a project like this. For any other interested person(s) Jorge has placed the JH tank on his website for order. I would like for our next project to be body panels as Jorge has shown some real interest in this project as well. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Brad

I talked to him about the body panels the other day too and offered to send mine for a template. I'd like to see the hood made first - that's just my preference.

jensen4u

I have been asked to update the list of members in this thread concerning payments recieved.

1.- BRAD KESLER - jensen4u

2.- LEON McGEE (Associate of Dan's) - Dan Collier

3.- GARY MARTIN - Gary Martin

4.- JOEL LIROT - Joel

5.- PETER CHUNG - pchung

6.- ERIK HARKES - Harkes

7.- JIM SOHL - Jim Sohl

8. Anthony Creek - themagicalswitch

Ron Earp

Ally hood, mmmmmmmmmm good!

jensen4u

HI BRAD,

TOMORROW WE ARE SHIPPING THE FIRST 4 FUEL TANKS ON THE LIST... NEXT WEEK WE'LL SHIP THE REST...

REGARDS,
JORGE CERVERA

Jorge,
Just curious as to where we stand on the production of our aluminum JH fuel tanks and when we can start to expect shipment of these. It has been about and month since I placed my order and you had mentioned 4 to 6 weeks for fabrication. Just let me know when you have an idea so I can infor some other curious buyers.
Thanks,
Brad

Dan Collier

I received my tank on Friday in a wood box. Here's some pictures from the gallery.

Dan Collier
JH74 14381 2.2L

Last edited on 10-18-2005 03:52 pm by Dan Collier

Scott Robinson

So what is your overall impression? Looks like an exact replica. Does it feel substantially lighter? Obviously you haven't leak tested it, but are you well pleased?

Scott

pchung

Hi,all

Got my last friday nite also! UPS left the case outside my garage back door without any notice. Found it just when the storm hit our area on saturday nite- when the house runoff was drip/pouring on top of the case !Got it inside the garage & open it up , man it's nice!

See Dan's photo. it's almost a twin!

I see Jorge is posting on ebay already!! If someone else is interested in one-they  can get it there!

Thanks the other 7 & Jorge! Good job on the tank!

Tks, Pete :)

Gary Martin JH 15371

My tank arrived Monday. It is pretty much an exact duplicate of the original tank. The only difference I see so far is the four internal gas tube vent pipes. In the original they run along the top of the tank inside to the four corners. The new tank they only run a couple of inches from the top vent cap next to the filler. The tank looks a bit better in person than it does in Dan's pictures. The outside has been sanded with a DA sander, but it looks like you could easily polish it up if you wanted. Welds are nice. I did not weigh it, but it is quite a bit lighter than the original. The tank comes with white plastic seals (Delrin ?) for the drain, sender unit and vent cap. My only concern is how well this hard plastic seal will seal the sender unit. Seems like a rubber one would be better.

Gary

Harkes

i don't know whether this type of seal is good or not, but if not i would then also change the drain seal.

However my original tank simply has a washer...

other question: aluminium can rust if not protected. Is anyone that has the new alu tank thinking of sealing the tank with a sealer and painting the outerside??

still waiting for my tank to arrive, but then i'm in the netherlands ;(

erik

Dan: your tank looks fab!

Last edited on 10-20-2005 09:18 am by Harkes

jensen4u

Got mine yesterday! I have not considered sealing or painting my new tank. Why do you think aluminum can rust? SS can if in direct contact with other rusting parts, but I am not aware that is a concern with aluminum. Please explain further.........

Last edited on 10-20-2005 02:01 pm by jensen4u

Harkes

i thought alu could rust and SS could not..  but i'm not knowledgeble in this area.

i was just thinking about the SS fuel tanks DMS had been selling for a while that had problems of not being free of leaks (don't know whether is was the weldings or gaskets..or something else), so using a sealant would only be out of precaution for leaks and you get rust protection on top of it.

pls let me know if this would be overdoing things...

erik

jensen4u

I too am interested in what the others thoughts are on this. As for my own I will fill my tank with water soon to verify all is well. If mine leaks it goes back to Jorge to make good. I did not buy this tank with the idea of sealing it in mind. Quite frankly the sealer scares me. If it does not bond well how would you get it out or repair it????

Last edited on 10-20-2005 05:13 pm by jensen4u

Greg Fletcher
Administrator

I think I'd stay away from DIY tank sealers, at least for the inside. From what I've seen the hobby stuff doesn't give me much confidence, I've heard and seen some scary things- where it can disolve at an alarming rate and gum up fuel lines and fuel pumps. There is a entire industry devoted to tank sealing and new chemistry for it which changes all the time, much of it defense and aircraft related. You can be sure that companies that seal aircraft tanks want to use better quality stuff. The places that I've seen that specialize in this all appear to have their own particular way of doing it and they never want to sell the end user the products directly as correct application is a half the battle. The reconditioned JH fuel tanks we sell in the Club Store get cut open in six places for the sealer application (this coating is guanteed for life), all rust removed (not covered up), and a bunch of other things, so the end product is fairly expense as there is so much labor involved.

I'm sure one our JH chemical engineers, could elaborate much better than I, but I'm remembering that aluminum rust is really alumimum oxide (white and completely different from iron oxide) and that aluminum oxide creates a sacrificial barrier which is a good thing since it's fairly hard. What's bad is when the aluminum oxide is depleted too fast, like when you take a 907 block apart that had only water inside (and no antifreeze) for years and half the engine is eatten away!

Harkes

Thanks Greg,

i do agree sealing inner tank is scary and the product might dissolve all too quickly especially when not applied correctly. The original steel JH fuel tank didn't have any coating and managed to serve its purpose up until last year. To make the aluminium fuel tank look stock i will paint the outerside with POR 15 and a top coating.

The tanks should indeed be leakfree so Jensen4u (and others that bought the alu tank) please let us know if it is. As soon as i have mine i'll do the test.

the classic tip remains: when stored, keep her filled up. (keeps rust away, if any)

erik

Gary Martin JH 15371

I don't plan to seal inside or outside. It should last as long or longer than the original. I would be more concerned with how it is mounted. Get rid of the water absorbing pad material behind and under the tank. I plan to use some rubber strips here instead. Also put some rubber between steel tank straps and the tank to prevent Galvanic corrosion (corrosion between two dissimilar metals). Aluminum inhibits corrosion naturally by forming an Aluminum Oxide protective coating. Scuffing the surface removes this coating, but it will quickly repair itself as long as the surface is exposed to Oxygen. Therefore painting the outside may not be a good idea. Inside, Aluminum will not corrode as long as the PH of the liquid in contact with it is between 5 and 9. Gas has a neutral PH of 7. So I would install tank as is, keep dissimilar metals away from it, keep your trunk dry (difficult with British cars in wet climates) and you should be fine.

I will not be able to install and test my tank for several weeks. I'm making some rust repairs in my trunk. Post messages on how your install goes. I'm a little concerned with the white hard plastic seals, especially for the tank sender. I don't see how hard plastic can seal as good as a rubber seal here.

By the way, the orginal steel tank weighs 18 lbs. The Aluminum tank weighs 11 lbs. One gallon of gas lighter.

Gary

Last edited on 10-22-2005 05:10 pm by Gary Martin JH 15371

Harkes

Hi Gary,

thanks for your explanation and knowledge in this area. I won't paint the inside nor the outside. And i will certainly use rubber behind, underneath and where the straps go.  Let me know if you change the seals for rubber ones.

erik, netherlands

Gary Martin JH 15371

I contacted Jorge by email and asked him about the hard plastic seals. Here is his response.

WE USE THE SAME GASKETS ON THE "SPITFIRE" FUEL TANKS (THEY HAVE THE SAME EXACT SET UP FOR THE FUEL SENDING UNITS), WITHOUT A PROBLEM... I THOUGHT SINCE WE MAKE THE SEALS FOR THAT TANK, I WOULD SEND THEM FOR THE JENSEN'S, WE DON'T MANUFACTURE RUBBER GASKETS... IF YOU CAN GET ONE, IT'S YOUR CHOICE... I OFFER THE TANKS, THE GASKETS I SENT EXTRA, N/C. PLEASE SEND ME PHOTOS ONCE YOU INSTALL THE TANK...

THANX! JORGE CERVERA

So Jorge says they work. However I think I'm going to find a rubber one for the sender unit. I will check JHPS store or Delta. Perhaps we can buy them there. I test fit my sender with my old rubber seal and it's not tight enough. The plastic seal is thicker than the standard rubber seal. So it looks like you would need two rubber gaskets to make a tight fit.

Gary

jdean

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JENSEN-HEALEY-FUEL-TANK-BRAND-NEW-ALLOY_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34198QQitemZ4586055702QQrdZ1

Jorge is now selling these on eBay.  At least they are available for those not able to get in on the initial buy.

smcmanus

Very interesting thread!  I just pulled my tank.  It appears to have a very suspect glass job applied to the front and bottom.  The ends of the tank have large sheets of epoxy on them which peel off easily.  The inside of the tank is very rusty and gummy.  I have done some tank repair but the baffles in this tank would make it hard to do a good job.  I will probably stick a plastic marine tank in the trunk until I'm sure this car runs and is worth fixing.

So how are the new tanks working?  Does anyone have a leak?  Is anyone happy?  I see them on ebay now for $349 which seems cheap compared to other options.  Should I spend the extra $50 on alloy or stick with steel?

Thanks

Steve

73healey

I would be if the price was right.

jensen4u

Jeorge currently has the aluminum tank listed on ebay for $299.95 buy it now price. Anyone looking for a tank or thinking of rebuilding your old one give this a look.

Harkes

Gary was right about the white hard plastic seals at the sender unit...they do leak. Not much, but they do leak.  I took the tank out, replaced it with the original rubber seal but then like Gary said it is not a tight fit. So i ordered a second rubber seal at Rejen Sales in the UK. Two rubbers are too thick, so i made the old one thinner.

I placed the new rubber seal between tank and sender unit. The second thinner rubber seal i placed between the sender unit and the locking ring. Tight fit! Tested the tank and it doesn't leak anymore.

Tank is back in the trunk. Rubber behind, underneath the tank and under the straps. The Aluminium tank itself is fine and light.

erik

Last edited on 11-20-2006 07:36 am by Harkes

rscapri2600

I guess I should thank everyone for funding Jorge's tooling costs.

Strange thing, I finished restoring my Mk1 Jensen a few weeks ago and been using it as my daily driver.  Broke down on my street, ran out of gas.  I saw a trail of gas following my car, looks like the tank sprung a big leak so will be pulling it out this weekend.  I've emailed Jorge through EBay about his shipping costs but he hasn't responded yet.

I haven't decided whether to repair, buy steel, or aluminum or install a hardly used  22 gallon FIA/FT3 fuel cell that I am going to pull out of my race car (cell was for a 25 hour enduro race).  I would lose my spare tire if it'll fit at all so I have some deciding to do this weekend.  I also have an 8 gallon ATL with new bladder which should fit w/o issues.

Joe Craven

73 Mk1 Jensen

Last edited on 12-08-2006 06:48 pm by rscapri2600

kfsmith

I bought a steel unit from jorge. Didn't think I needed to spend the extra $$$ for alum. ... difference covered the shipping to Canada. Unit looks good. Hope to get it installed in the next few days.

mdutch

Well, maybe there's something to be said for being lazy and unmotivated.  I finally got around to ordering a tank and there seems a little bit of price drop from the initial estimates on the Aluminum tanks (which may be due to "amortizing" the tooling over more purchases.)  Bought mine from Jorge today, $459.95 crated and delivered, which is his advertised eBay "sale price".  As more of us buy the tanks, there might be some other additional discounts.  Those Triumph tanks are even less expensive.

Oh, and for those of you who haven't read the whole thread here, tanks are available in steel for much less.

HELLO MARK,YES, HAVE THE TANK IN STOCK & WILL SHIP IT AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE PAYMENT...
YOUR TOTAL IS:1 JENSEN HEALEY "ALUMINUM" FUEL TANK @ $379.951 WOODEN CRATE + S&H + INS. TO DALLAS, TX. + $ 80.00 ___________ TOTAL $459.95

Looking forward to some bling in my boot.  ;)

Last edited on 06-20-2007 05:26 am by mdutch

Mitch Ware

mdutch wrote:

Looking forward to some bling in my boot.  ;)

Isn't that a rap song?

mdutch

Okay, Jorge's aluminum tank just arrived at my office.  It IS a sight to behold.  Very nicely fabricated, and shipped in a luan-ply crate.  I will mention to him about adding a little packing, as it had quite a bit of "rattle room" in the crate -- a couple sheets of bubble wrap would go a long way toward making this a perfect delivery.

Personally, I'm going to take a little time to consider polishing out the swirls in the tank, for cosmetic reasons only -- it's so pretty now, I'm almost tempted not to bother.

So, anybody want a used O.E. Jensen Healey steel tank?  :)

timeforwalkies

Looks like I am going to replace my tank with one of the Jaguar by Jorge tanks.
Hate to spend the money but it seems like the right thing to do.
Question:  What are the fins for on top of the tank?  Just pulled my tank and they don't seem to do anything at all.  Did these attach to a braket on the underside of the trunk on earlier models?
Clif

LambandAndy

The "fins" originally had small plastic clips to hold the vent lines in place.  Some small tie wraps make a satisfactory replacement.

Andy  #15223

pbahr

Erik (HARKES)

I just got to read this thread and noted some discussion about using POR Gas Tank sealer.  I'm pretty sure I used the POR product when I did my Tank  in 1991 -white stuff it was.  Well, after 16 years, it's still good as new.  I check it every couple of years by using a flashlight (torch) to look into the top of the Tank.  No worries, no problem.

Used the black POR to coat the outside, and supported the Tank on a couple of strips of solid rubber.

The trick, as in most applications of coating or paint like this, is proper PREPARATION of the item to be coated.

Pete Bahr (YELODOG)

Harkes

Hi Pete

thanks for this, I did however ended up buying the brand new aluminium fuel tank and placed it. It leaked at first at the fuel sender unit. That had to do with the new plastic seal that came with the tank. I am using now 2 rubber seals and have a tight fit now.

I didn't paint the outer side of the alu tank, but did place rubber underneath the tank straps, behind and under the tank.

You are making those rubber boot thingy's for the clutch/bellhousing, correct? I have a Lotus excel bellhousing and a toyota supra 5 sp. Do you think it will fit this bellhousing? Can you give me the exact measurements of your rubber boot?

I'm also interested in the engine damper; do you require both brackets - damper to firewall AND damper to bellhousing or only the one to the firewall?

Thanks

Erik

pbahr

Hi Erik,

Well, I am making the Clutch Lever Boot available to the JH community.  The Boot mounting slot is 3  1/4 X 1  7/8  inches, so it will fit a Bellhousing hole a bit larger than that,  and a thickness of less than 5/16.  Attached pix shows how the Lever/Boot/Bellhousing fit together.

Sorry, but I need both the Firewall and Bellhousing Brackets as a core before I can ship the Damper Kit - it was a real pain to get a few Bracket cores when I started this Kit a couple of years ago.  I have to do a fair amount of cutting and welding on the Brackets, and it's not worth it to do one at a time, so I do about six at once.

Send me an email to: PETEB01@COMCAST.NET , and I'll email all the details to you.

This Forum is not intended to be used as a sales platform, so I would rather do this stuff off-line.  I'm sure you understand.

Thanks,

Pete Bahr (YELODOG)

Attachment: Boot in Bellhousing 003liteS.jpg (Downloaded 92 times)

mdutch

Good to know.  My SU is currently under rebuild, and I was eyeing the white nylon seals that came with the aluminum tank with a bit of concern.  Where did you source the rubber seals you finally used on yours?

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems