Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > New Aluminum Tanks - Anyone Interested?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6   
New Topic Printer Friendly
New Aluminum Tanks - Anyone Interested?  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-06-2007 04:08 am

101st Post
pbahr

Erik (HARKES)

I just got to read this thread and noted some discussion about using POR Gas Tank sealer.  I'm pretty sure I used the POR product when I did my Tank  in 1991 -white stuff it was.  Well, after 16 years, it's still good as new.  I check it every couple of years by using a flashlight (torch) to look into the top of the Tank.  No worries, no problem.

Used the black POR to coat the outside, and supported the Tank on a couple of strips of solid rubber.

The trick, as in most applications of coating or paint like this, is proper PREPARATION of the item to be coated.

Pete Bahr (YELODOG)

Posted: 11-06-2007 02:01 pm

102nd Post
Harkes

Hi Pete

thanks for this, I did however ended up buying the brand new aluminium fuel tank and placed it. It leaked at first at the fuel sender unit. That had to do with the new plastic seal that came with the tank. I am using now 2 rubber seals and have a tight fit now.

I didn't paint the outer side of the alu tank, but did place rubber underneath the tank straps, behind and under the tank.

You are making those rubber boot thingy's for the clutch/bellhousing, correct? I have a Lotus excel bellhousing and a toyota supra 5 sp. Do you think it will fit this bellhousing? Can you give me the exact measurements of your rubber boot?

I'm also interested in the engine damper; do you require both brackets - damper to firewall AND damper to bellhousing or only the one to the firewall?

Thanks

Erik

Posted: 11-06-2007 05:08 pm

103rd Post
pbahr

Hi Erik,

Well, I am making the Clutch Lever Boot available to the JH community.  The Boot mounting slot is 3  1/4 X 1  7/8  inches, so it will fit a Bellhousing hole a bit larger than that,  and a thickness of less than 5/16.  Attached pix shows how the Lever/Boot/Bellhousing fit together.

Sorry, but I need both the Firewall and Bellhousing Brackets as a core before I can ship the Damper Kit - it was a real pain to get a few Bracket cores when I started this Kit a couple of years ago.  I have to do a fair amount of cutting and welding on the Brackets, and it's not worth it to do one at a time, so I do about six at once.

Send me an email to: PETEB01@COMCAST.NET , and I'll email all the details to you.

This Forum is not intended to be used as a sales platform, so I would rather do this stuff off-line.  I'm sure you understand.

Thanks,

Pete Bahr (YELODOG)

Attachment: Boot in Bellhousing 003liteS.jpg (Downloaded 92 times)

Posted: 11-07-2007 04:04 am

104th Post
mdutch

Good to know.  My SU is currently under rebuild, and I was eyeing the white nylon seals that came with the aluminum tank with a bit of concern.  Where did you source the rubber seals you finally used on yours?

Current time is 11:05 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > New Aluminum Tanks - Anyone Interested? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems