Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > New Aluminum Tanks - Anyone Interested?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Printer Friendly
New Aluminum Tanks - Anyone Interested?  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-06-2005 08:16 am

41st Post
Joel

I am out of town for a week but can meet him in person in 10 days or so. Do your best. Then I'll go see him in person. But PLEASE let's chat when I get back so we can present a unified front. Any design changes and Greg's 'JHPS' situation are things I should know about. YOu guys figure out where you are and I'll meet him mid to late the week after next.

Let's keep a unified front. I'm willing to buy one at 450 cash right now. But, I would love 100 bucks off. AND, I'm hoping I can hold out and help to hook everyone else up. So, I'm holding out to try to work with the group. I suggest everyone else do the same.

I'm a binniz guy and willing to help IN PERSON if necessary when I get back from my trip to Japn in 8 days or so. Keep me posted.

cheers,

Joel

Posted: 09-06-2005 11:37 am

42nd Post
Harkes

A Triumph TR3A new aluminium fuel tank in the netherlands costs Euro 298,- . Since this tank looks very similar to the JH $ 350/375 should be feasible.

Check it out: https://www.limora.com/index1.php?tpl=sonderrubrik_anzeigen.tpl&kat=53&actmenu=53&PHPSESSID=fd7c2f350387d45359d8117fdaa853af&rubrik=19
erik

Last edited on 09-06-2005 11:42 am by Harkes

Posted: 09-06-2005 04:10 pm

43rd Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

The stainless steel fuel tanks that Delta sold a while back were discontinued because they leaked! Welding stainless steel properly is a demanding task. The warranty end of this sort of collaped from the manufacturer and Delta stopped selling them to cut their losses. This was a major fiasco and underscores all the more why reproduction tanks are so complicated and cost as much as they do.

JHPS is staying out of this deal. I currently have another Jensen Healey fuel tank recondition project in the works. Original tanks get reconditioned and will be guaranteed for life!

Posted: 09-07-2005 02:22 am

44th Post
jensen4u

Guys,

I sent the below email to as for a reduced price one more time via emal. I may try to call Jorge tomorrow to see if this will help any. I know some of you think this price is high for this tank @ $400. I personally will buy one for this price deliverd as I prefer it over the rebuild process. I agree we must stay unified in this deal and that we must get any changes requested NOW not weeks from now. I need a tank for my JH and many of you may just want to upgrade. Either way I need to know who is commited and whom is not @ the $400-$450 price delivered. Please let me know what you all think of my response to Jorge as I tried to convey our points while trying to be respectful of this guys efforts to accomidate our hobbies.

Jorge,

I have reported your response to my group and we are still commited to a lesser price. I have attached a link that shows aluminum tanks for other britsh cars similar to the JH for much less. Here is the deal...... I think most if not all would be willing to go as high as $400 deliverd (US) per tank for 10 pieces. We understand your investment and the rising material/labor cost, but this seems more than fair. Besides this is a large group and I am certain with good feedback from us first 10 your tanks will sell plentiful in the future. Just think of it as marketing your product the best way possible...word of mouth. I myself am considering the endless possibilities here with you....such as patch panels and other potientially fabricated parts. I see it as a win win situation for you and your business. I guess if we are not able to work this difference out many may opt for the remanufacuring process for less$$ and a lifetime warranty. I personally would hate seeing it come to that as we both want this to happen. Get back to me and I will relay your response to the group.

One last thing is we have some potiential european interest in this tank and I need you to confirm increase if any in cost for shipping.

Check it out: https://www.limora.com/index1.php?tpl=sonderrubrik_anzeigen.tpl&kat=53&actmenu=53&PHPSESSID=fd7c2f350387d45359d8117fdaa853af&rubrik=19

Thanks,

Brad

Posted: 09-07-2005 06:37 am

45th Post
Harkes

i am in too. The email is very good.

erik, netherlands

Posted: 09-07-2005 12:50 pm

46th Post
jensen4u

This was the response back from Jorge. I am going to give him a call for one last try. I see best case at this point being $400 for the tank plus $50 for shipping for a total of $450.

HI BRAD,

I APPRECIATE THE OFFER, BUT I CAN'T MAKE THE FUEL TANKS FOR LESS...  AFTER I JUST SPENT OVER $5000 IN THE TOOLING AND IF OTHER MANUFACTURERS ARE NOT MAKING THE JENSEN HEALEY TANKS AT ANY PRICE THERE MUST BE A REASON...

MY PRICES STAND AND I'LL TAKE MY LIKINGS IF THAT COMES TO BE...

I'VE HAD MY BUSINESS OVER 32 YEARS... I HAVE 25 MEN WORKING PIECE WORK, 6 DAYS A WEEK AND I DON'T HAVE ONE SINGLE PART IN THE SHELVES OVER 3 MONTHS OLD... AND I CAN HARDLY KEEP UP WITH THE ORDERS, I'M 62 YEARS OLD AND I DON'T PLAN TO ENLARGE MY BUSINESS FOR ANY REASON AND MAKING THE TANKS TO BREAK EVEN DOES NOT APPEAL TO ME...

REGARDS,
JORGECREVERA

Posted: 09-07-2005 01:06 pm

47th Post
frank12873

Looking into the future, it would certainly be helpful to have a source for replacement fuel tanks for our cars. Ten years from now, we don't want to be sucking fuel from a red plastic gas can in our trunks; at least I don't. This guy seems reputable and must do good work; you don't stay in business as long as he has without those attributes. We're lucky he's interested in making these things for our very special-interest cars. I think we should gratefully accept his price, and start collecting the money from people interested in the first production run of tanks. Just my 2 cents.

Posted: 09-07-2005 03:41 pm

48th Post
jensen4u

Guys,

I have just gotten off the phone with Jorge. He was a little offended that we have requested a second round discount after he provide what he thought to be a very nice discount the first time. We discussed the pricing of this tank for some time in depth. He is not willing to reduce the price any futher to get this order. He even remarked that if we could order 15-20 the price would not reduce any further. I believe this guy is very capable and willing to make us a high quality tank and we should proceed with this order of 10+. We must have the 10 or the price will change. He will be listing the tanks on ebay following our deal for the originally quoted price. I myself want to take advantage of this reduced pricing. I have so far confirmed commitments from Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself to make 3. Please respond to this post to include yourself in this order. You may also email me @ jensenhealey@hotmail.com.

As for the funding portion of this transaction. I think we all should send our money in at the same time to Jorge. Once we have all 10 we can set the date and I will notify Jorge of this mailing/payment info. I believe this to be the safest way for all involved.

Regards,

Brad

Posted: 09-07-2005 07:35 pm

49th Post
jensen4u

Some more information for those whom are interested.

HELLO BRAD,

I ONLY MADE THE PROTOTYPE IN MILD STEEL, HERE IS A PHOTO...

THE TANKS WILL BE MADE OUT OF "ALUMINUM" TO ORIGINAL SPECIFICATIONS, WILL INCLUDE A DRAIN PLUG WITH A NYLON GASKET AND A NYLON GASKET FOR THE FUEL SENDING UNIT, THE TANKS WILL HAVE THE SAME OVERALL MEASUREMENTS, FUEL CAPACITY AND DESIGN... THEY WILL BE PREASURE TESTED AND WILL NOT LEAK...

FOR 30 DAYS, I WILL REFUND THE PRICE OF THE FUEL TANK, FOR MANUFACTURING DEFECTS ONLY, ANY OTHER RETURNS WILL CAUSE A 25% RE-STOCKING FEE... NO REFUNDS ON THE SHIPING COSTS, EITHER WAY.

ALL 10 ORDERS HAVE TO BE PAID IN FULL IN ADVANCE... I WILL SHIP TO ANY PLACE IN THE CONTINENTAL USA, FOR $50 S&H + INS., ANY OTHER LOCATIONS WILL BE PRICED ACCORDINGLY.

I NEED TO KNOW A.S.A.P., BECAUSE AS I EXPLAINED EARLIER ALL MY WORKERS ARE ON PIECE WORK AND ONCE THEYSTART A JOB, I CAN'T SWITCH THEM AROUND...

REGARDS,
JORGE CERVERA

Attachment: steel tank.jpg (Downloaded 46 times)

Posted: 09-08-2005 08:18 am

50th Post
Joel

As before, I'm in. I'm in Japan until next week but can drop a check anytime after that. If necessary I can pay via paypal.

Joel

Posted: 09-08-2005 10:08 am

51st Post
pchung

I'm still in! Just tell me when & where to send the funds!

Thank, Pchung :)

Posted: 09-08-2005 01:36 pm

52nd Post
jensen4u

All,

So far I have the following people commited for the aluminum tank + shipping for $500

Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself

We have 5 to date and need all interested to let us know soon. We must reach 10. Please join us if you are thinking of changing your tank any time in the near future please include yourself in the order or you may regret it as Jorge has assured me this is a one time discount for the JH tank.

Regards,

Brad

Posted: 09-09-2005 01:10 am

53rd Post
jensen4u

The current committed list is:

Jim Sohl, Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself

We have 6 only 4 more to go.....

Posted: 09-09-2005 05:14 am

54th Post
Dan Collier

Well, seven has always been my lucky number. Count me in gents.

Dan Collier
JH74 14381 2.2L
Jensen-Healey Preservation Photo Gallery

Posted: 09-09-2005 12:45 pm

55th Post
jensen4u

Dan Collier, Jim Sohl, Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself

We have 7 only 3 more to go.....

Posted: 09-09-2005 06:05 pm

56th Post
Gary Martin JH 15371

Count me in too.

Gary Martin

Posted: 09-09-2005 06:10 pm

57th Post
jensen4u

Gary Martin, Dan Collier, Jim Sohl, Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself

We have 8 only 2 more to go.....

Posted: 09-12-2005 03:03 pm

58th Post
jensen4u

All,

Very surprised the list has not changed over the weekend!

Never the less I will attempt to place this order with Jorge on Thurs 09/15/05. Therefore, I will need any additions to this list made be the end of the day Wed 09/14/05. If we do not have the 10 required I will try to see if Jorge will honor the deal at 10.

Please commit if you have not and are interested in this special price for an aluminum gas tank.

Regards,

Brad

Posted: 09-15-2005 12:19 am

59th Post
jensen4u

Hey Guys,

Tonight is your last chance to get in on this special priced aluminum tank. Please let me know if you are in.

Gary Martin, Dan Collier, Jim Sohl, Pchung, Joel, Harkes, themagicalswitch, and myself
I will be calling the supplier in the AM to confirm our order. If you need to email me please do so at jensenhealey@hotmail.com

Regards,

Brad

Posted: 09-15-2005 06:07 pm

60th Post
jensen4u

Guys,

It is done! I have placed the order for 8 aluminum JH fuel tanks. Jorge was kind enough to honor the price for 10 as he will build some extra to place on eBay for the originally quoted price.

Payment of these units becomes the next order of business. I suggest either you send the money electronically via http://www.paypal.com where you can use any funding available to you at jorgecervera218@hotmail.com or you can mail payment directly to him at Jorge Cervera - 1172 3rd Ave. Suite D3 #33 - Chula Vista, CA 91911. Please keep in mind the form of payment may affect when your unit construction starts. He has provided me an approximate of 2 week from receipt of cleared payment for delivery +/-. I personally have already sent my payment via paypal and would recommend the same for each of you as it is fast, easy, and free. We must each own up to our commitment by sending payment quickly as Jorge is concern about this as I am. Please erase our concerns by sending payments ASAP.

By the way I am confident that if there is another person or two here that did not commit originally that want a tank now Jorge would not turn down the business if you act quickly.

Regards,

Brad

Current time is 04:46 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > New Aluminum Tanks - Anyone Interested? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems