Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
ECCO 15LM12  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-16-2013 02:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
atgparker

Well 11602 came with a box of parts, and in this box was this fuel pump with a dash of red paint overspray on the housing. Specification is 3-4 PSI at 1.5 LPM. So it was in the car at some point and it seems to work when voltage is applied. It produces 3 PSI pumping air when I dead head it with a vacuum/pressure gauge and supposedly is "self regulating". Does anyone have experience with this brand? It seems to be advertised as a choice to replace the SU and is all solid state with optical switching for the solenoid/diaphragm electro mechanical internals. And as it is all plastic it will pump everything, air, water, diesel, petrol, etc.

In the trunk there is a Chinese eBay unit which I think is this part number E8012S. This pump is advertised as producing 5-9 PSI @ 30 gallons per hour and "fits JH", hmmm! It consistently is blowing fuel past the needle and seats on the 45DOCE Webber's when at idle after a spirited run and mileage is around 14MPG with the smell of raw petrol when stationary at the stop lights. I'm on borrowed time as the starter motor keeps getting a bath in raw gasoline on a regular basis! I haven't had this much fun since my first car, which was a 4 door 1974 Fiat 124 TC. Oh and the Webber's are set properly as far as float height and what not. So I'm relatively sure the needle and seats are getting over taxed with this pumps 5-9 PSI.

So, I plan to change out this relatively new looking Hong Kong special with the ECCO and see if the fuel pressure is better suited to the Webber's requirements.

As my neighbor Scott often is quoted as saying, "Living the Dream", I concur.

Attachment: ECCO_15LM12_4c3d359ae5a23[1].jpg (Downloaded 103 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-21-2013 12:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
SpeedyMitch

Another alternative:

http://www.jensenhealey.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1397&forum_id=14

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 12:01 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Fuel Stuff > ECCO 15LM12 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems