Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Need some new rear lower suspension arms

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Need some new rear lower suspension arms  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-28-2013 08:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jim Picot

After removing the bush housings from the axle-end of the lower rear suspension arms (see "Fitting rear Superpro bushes"), I've discovered the steel pressings beneath have corroded. One is not too bad, a hole about the size of a five cent piece, but the other has lost nearly half its metal. The latter is certainly not serviceable, any integral strength it had came off with the bush housing.

The olds ones *may* be repairable, but it would require some clever weld surgery, as the top of the arm would need to be cut and peeled back to provide access for a backing piece to be welded in, then returned and welded in again. Replacements would be much simpler.

So, I need two new lower suspension arms for the rear. I assume new ones aren't available, does anyone have some good-condition old ones they can part with, or know where I might get them?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-28-2013 01:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Jim if a member does not have any to sell you try British Masters in CA. they usually have a ton of old stuff stripped off cars.

Brett

Posted: 09-28-2013 06:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
chiromaster

I have some. PM me and I will send pictures.

Posted: 09-30-2013 04:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
answerman

Depending on what you are looking for exactly, I have the whole rear axle and arms from my parts car. If chiromaster can't help you, let me know and you can see if what I have will work for you.

EDIT: I see you're from Australia.  Did you ask me about this on the British Car Forum?  I just ran across that post last week, I don't get there much.

Last edited on 09-30-2013 04:43 pm by answerman

Posted: 09-30-2013 09:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jim Picot

Hi Brett and chiromaster,

Thanks, I found some good arms from the UK, via the joc forum. Problem solved. They've already been shipped, and should be here by Friday. Pretty good service!

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Current time is 06:42 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Need some new rear lower suspension arms Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems