Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Accessories > OEM Door speaker grilles for Jensen Healey

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
OEM Door speaker grilles for Jensen Healey  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-10-2020 04:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
noomg

Patrick,

Back in the '70s bigger was better and more speakers was all the rage. When I got my J-H in '93 it not only had 6 1/2" speakers cut into the original holes there were also 6 1/2" speaker holes cut into the lower rear of the door panels, those speakers however were long gone.

What's interesting is your speaker covers measure 4" while mine are 5". I don't know which size is original(maybe both)but my 5 inchers dropped right into the Rejen door panel holes without requiring any modification. While the Rejen panels aren't original they manufacture them to exact standards. All the holes, slots, openings are the same as on my original panels.

Judging by the relation of the window crank to the speaker on Dave's car(same as mine)it looks like he's got 5 inchers but that's just a guesstimate.

On another note, I've always had a love/hate relationship with my POs. On one hand they've done some really goofy things to the car, but on the other hand a lot of those cheapo modifications kept the car out of the junkyard so it could eventually find it's way to me.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-13-2020 01:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
noomg

This is the 5 1/4" speaker cover from my TR7, as you can see it's quite close to the original J-H speakers, probably made by the same company.

Attachment: Speaker.jpg (Downloaded 28 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 02:33 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Accessories > OEM Door speaker grilles for Jensen Healey Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems