Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Interior trim  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-06-2013 06:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
erv

I want to know if the seat covers from delta match the original tan seats.

erv

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-06-2013 11:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

Define match.

Match as in perfect, probably not. Considering the originals are over 35 years old, allowing for age, weathering, type of material, etc. Matching close enough based on the same conditions, I think so.

It just happens that I have some of the tan material from Delta here along with a set of old tan seats. The tan material is not a seat cover but just the tan material used for door panels and such. I would guess that it is the same as what would be used for seat covers.

Comparing what I have the new tan material is a little darker and maybe slightly redder. You can tell the difference if both are right on top of each other. Add a little space and it would be "close enough". Of course this depends on what your interior looks like.

Posted: 08-07-2013 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
erv

I have talked to an upholster and we are going thru some samples to see if we can find a close match for the color. If we can't find one the Delta covers will be the way to go. Thanks for your observations on the subject.

Posted: 11-01-2013 03:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Joel

Cleaning up stuff I just found 2 rolls of the brown 'pleather' for JH upholstery. One is a complete roll for certain. I think the second one is complete as well. If anyone wants it send me a quick email. joellirot@gmail.com

i hate to throw it away. would trade it for a six pack. :-)

Posted: 06-24-2014 03:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dwalls1

Didn't find the replacement seat covers in the club store, so called Delta. He doesn't have them and doesn't know when he'll get them, as the source has developed health issues. He may be able to send some that are cut out but not stitched, to be sewn and installed locally. Any ideas? I have put this off and now I'm kind of in a bind.

Posted: 06-24-2014 06:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
gmgiltd

Try Rejen in the UK http://www.jensenparts.co.uk/jensen-parts/index.php
Gordon

Posted: 06-25-2014 04:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Tom Bradley

I had the same problem: nothing available in the tan color I have. So I repaired the ripped parts of the old vinyl with vinyl patches and had some sheepskin seat covers put on. Obviously not stock, but they are much cooler in the hot summer sun here in San Diego.

Posted: 06-26-2014 07:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
dwalls1

Thanks for the responses. I contacted the British supplier referenced and they can fix me up, but the cost, with shipping, would be just over a grand in our money. I may take my car to a local shop and see what they can do from scratch. I'll let you know what I find out. BTW the Rejen folks said their covers were a shade different from the originals, but did not indicate which way. I'm guessing they would have a good match, though.

Posted: 06-27-2014 12:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

If your just patching a worn seat section keep in mind the rear bulk head has the correct material on it, so if you use that you can replace it with the almost correct stuff and not really see it.

Brett

Posted: 06-27-2014 05:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
answerman

Good idea, Brett. I need to patch a spot on my passenger seat where I set a hot trouble light on it and bubbled it up. With the custom speaker enclosure I mounted in the rear, you can't even see most of the bulkhead cover anyway (and not at all with the top down, which is how it spends 99% of its time) so I will be looking into having an upholstery shop take that material and patch.

Posted: 06-27-2014 08:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
dwalls1

Rejen Classics offered a discount to 240 pounds each if I bought two sets. That's nice, but the shipping will still be 95 pound sterling. Delta is working on it, but if and when they have them they will be something more than the current price of $350.00. I am assuming (always a mistake)it is for two seats. I will ponder it a greater length, and will probably do the usual. Nothing

Current time is 09:21 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Interior trim Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems