Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Change GT from rubber to steel bumpers

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Change GT from rubber to steel bumpers  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-12-2013 05:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Schorse

Hi,
I have read a little about this topic but still had some questions about a change of bumpers. I really fancy the looks of the old mk1 steel bumpers.
I heard that the steel bumpers were available from the UK at Martin Robeys, is that correct?
Do I need more than bumpers + mounts or is any re-engineering necessary?
cheers,
Georg

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-13-2013 07:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

The rear bumpers should swap out fine. The only difference I remember is the rear mounting brackets. On the GT they are U shaped. On the metal bumper JHs they are l l shaped. There is no bottom _ cut out. If you look at your GT you should be able to see what I am talking about.

The front bumpers have more differences. The front GT bumper mounting bracket is part of the car and the bumper bolts directly to this. It is not the same as the JH front mounting point. Having said that you might be able to use the steel bumper bracket to mount the steel bumper. I haven't tried it and from looking at pictures can't be sure either way.

The other difference between the front bumpers is the turn signal. They are different. The GT is more rectangular while the JH is narrower and rounder on the bottom. Plus the GT turn signal has an additional wire going to it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 07:43 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Change GT from rubber to steel bumpers Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems