Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
rear end upgrade  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-11-2013 03:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
roverman

I have secured an 8" Ford rear, that has already been modded to "bolt in", and is of suitable width. This means all of the JH control arms, are in place. It will likely be upgraded to a posi and aftermarket axles with 5 on 4.5" bc. wheel studs. Later, this particular JH will get a W154 Turbo Supra 5 speed, which bolts directly to sbm/Gen III  hemi V8. Plan is to use a 340" mopar V8, of suitable vintage for the car. This is a "what-if" Jensen had decided to build a V8 companion car to to the Interceptor.  Weight should be approx 2,400 lbs, with all the suitable upgrades.  Cheers, roverman.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-12-2013 06:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
pbahr

Hi Rov..........

I've not seen all the mods that you are making to this JH, but will comment based on my own experience.

Have you ever driven a JH at over 110 mph?  I have done so on the Summit Point WV road course with a stock chassis suspension system except for stiffer springs, R rated tires and Spax shocks (I think all in good condition) and under 40,000 miles on the clock.  My JH has a modified 907 and could easily exceed 140 mph if the straightaway were just a bit longer.

Since the engine is the same as a factory JH, the suspension is tuned for that weight and distribution.

I will say that at those elevated speeds the JH certainly does not give me great confidence.

Posted: 07-12-2013 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
roverman

As they say....The Devil is in the details. Thanks, roverman.

Current time is 05:16 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > rear end upgrade Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems