Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Does this parts car belong to anyone here?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Does this parts car belong to anyone here?  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-09-2013 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
answerman

Was perusing eBay (checking to see if the tachometer I had bought had shipped yet) and came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LATE-1974-JENSEN-HEALEY-2-DOOR-AUTO-BODY-NO-TRANNY-WINDSHIELD-ETC-/400481063303?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3e881187&vxp=mtr

Anyone know about this, or does it belong to a member?  It's in Perham, MN.  I'm definitely interested as it seems to have all the body parts I'll be needing for Ms. Jenavieve.  About an 8 hour drive for me.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-10-2013 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
answerman

Had a nice talk with Ernie (the owner) this afternoon. Still considering it, but it turns out that it's not as complete as the pictures show... the chrome and lights and anything else that was easily removed are all, well, removed. So it's just the body shell.

Still, I'm thinking it might be worth it. Just the rockers alone would cost me $400 from Delta. He says that the rockers, fenders (other than the front right), floors, trunk lid, etc. are all pretty much pristine. So, if I pull the trigger on this, I may have some parts for some of you once I'm done with it.

Posted: 05-14-2013 07:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
answerman

Well, it belongs to me now. Going to pick it up this weekend. Between the 8 hour drive each way, U-Haul rental, motel for the overnight for me and my son, it's going to cost me more to go get it than it did to buy it. I'm still thinking it's a good investment though... just about every body part that Ms. Jenavieve has "issues" with is in great shape on it.

Now I just have to explain to Mrs. Answerman that her car has to live outside for the summer.

Current time is 12:27 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Does this parts car belong to anyone here? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems