Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Steering column rubber gasket replacement

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Steering column rubber gasket replacement  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-22-2013 06:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Art DeKneef

I have been unable to find a replacement for the rubber gasket that the steering column goes through on the firewall. I am not talking about the bushing.

This gasket is kind of oval shaped and goes under the bracket that is installed on the firewall. For those with the shop manual in the in the Steering & Suspension section the bracket is #16. Shop manual does not show the gasket but it has been on every car I have worked on.

Delta does not have any or a source. I checked cross referencing on Moss Motors with other cars with no luck. Martin Robey's  online catalog doesn't show anything. Any ideas?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-22-2013 09:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
jcdean

Try this place:

http://www.kiderubber.com/pc-1.html

Buy U Channel of the appropriate size, cut it to length, and install it where the ends come together at the top with a dab of sealant.

Posted: 04-22-2013 11:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Art DeKneef

Good idea! I can find edging here locally.

Another idea, I can get a piece of the appropriate thickness of rubber and cut a smaller hole in the middle and push the steering column through. This was what I was going to do if the gasket was NLA.

Thanks.

Current time is 08:30 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Steering column rubber gasket replacement Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems