Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Mirror mount needed  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-09-2013 05:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
answerman

OK, now I am really obsessing about trying to stay original.

Ms. Jenavieve's interior is 99% done.  The one thing I still want to do is to fix the inside rear view mirror.   I have the mirror, and it's in great shape, but the little black plastic doodad that it mounts to (and thus to the windshield frame) is cracked in half.  I tried epoxying it together, but it cracked again when I slid the mirror back in.  Obviously this isn't going to work since the mirror needs to be adjusted on occasion and that's a lot of stress on this little broken part.

Anyone have one of these on one of their parts cars that they want to part with?  I'm assuming this is way past the no longer available stage.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-10-2013 05:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
answerman

Bumping this with a little more detail... specifically what I am looking for is the black plastic piece, about 2 inches long and about 1/2 wide, beveled so the mirror arm slides into it from the side, with two holes to mount it to the windshield frame (through two small black plastic pieces which I do have).

If I don't solve this by driving season (soon) I'll just have to get an aftermarket "glue to the windshield" mirror, but I am trying to stay original.

Posted: 04-12-2013 05:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mdutch

Wish I had a part to send you. I've done a little fabrication with plastics, and I don't think you should use epoxy. Opt for a glue especially for plastics -- it will chemically weld the parts together.

Posted: 04-12-2013 06:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
answerman

Might have one coming... waiting to hear back from Ron.

Posted: 05-24-2013 05:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
answerman

Oh... as detailed in my project thread, picked up a parts car last weekend, and one of the few "trim" parts left on it was the mirror mount. Good to go. Thanks to Ron for trying to send me one, which the post office managed to mangle and lose.

Current time is 03:29 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Mirror mount needed Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems