Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > Inexpensive home-made pressure brake bleeder

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Inexpensive home-made pressure brake bleeder  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-26-2013 04:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Jay

While thinking about this vacuum test of the booster, I'm wodering...

I plan to connect the vacuum pump to the hose that will then connect to the booster check valve. After I apply a vacuum load, I will wait to see if it holds. The problem is, how do I know if the vacuum is being held within the booster or if it is simly being held within the hose, between the vacuum pump and the check valve.

Maybe a pressure load within the booster would make more sense in regards to the check valve. But then how do I get the pressure to move past the check valve.

It seems that there needs to be another way to introduce the vacuum load or pressure load into the booster without the check valve being involved. Has anyone made some other sort of connection?

Am I making this test more difficult than it needs to be?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-26-2013 07:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

It may not hold a vacuum at all so no need to consider other options until you get there.

The check valve is bad it probably just leaks pressure and is unlikely to fail the way you describe.

Posted: 12-12-2015 01:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Matthew10571

I replaced my old MC with the TR6 MC and took off the top put a hole in it big enough to fit a chrome schrader valve from a tire on the cap. Now I just need to use a bicycle pump to add pressure to bleed the system.

Current time is 11:18 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > Inexpensive home-made pressure brake bleeder Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems