Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Cam belt tensioner bearing replacements

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
h2oman

My tensioner bearings are noisy and need replacement. Has anybody cross referenced these bearings so they can be sourced locally? I want to purchase them locally if possible to avoid shipping charges and waiting for them to arrive.

Any opinions on whether to replace my belt. I have only driven about 100 miles since replacing it. Should have done the bearings then, but no, I like to do everything twice.

Thanks,
Bob Waterman
JH 19695

Frank Schwartz

Bob:
If yoiu can press the barings out, take them to a NAPA or good auto parts store and they can read the numbers and give you replacements.....or take the bearing to a store that specializes in bearings...they are not something special and can be replaced ......

Mike Aubuchon

Frank is correct. Had mine done locally about two years ago. No problem. If the belt was new and is not damaged it should be ok.

pete heywood

if I have found the right receipt:
60052RS 25x 47x 12
It is 6 years ago but as I rembermber.I think the above is an INA number. These bearings had seals on both ends. I think You can remove the inboard seals and use the space between for more grease. I left the seals in.
Please check this out on the INA or another website.

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

My notes say it is a SKF 414871A, that is the one piece fat one not the two sandwiched together #. I might have that number as well but would take a bit of searching, let me know.

Brett

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Last edited on 11-26-2012 12:57 pm by Brett Gibson JH5 20497

h2oman

Thanks everyone for the part numbers and advice. These bearings seem to be widely available and at a variety of prices. I ordered some up and now need to find time to work on the car.. other priorities, plus rain isn't helping. Maybe Sunday I can find time.

Bob

CoryB

Sorry if this has been a subject before, and I just can't find it.  I would like to know the preferred process for pressing in (and out) the bearings in the tensioner pulley.  Do they only go in one side?  I've looked for an IPC that helps with no luck.  Thanks .

Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Hi Cory,
A vice and a few sockets did the trick. Press one bearing in from either side.
I have found the Harbor Freight 1/2" drive socket set perfect for this. Add in a 2" pipe cap and most simple bearings can be removed or installed.
Kurt

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems