Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
chrisl

Dear all

I have recently acquired a GT with the 5 speed gearbox. The box is OK, but the shifter/selector is pretty ordinary (hard to tell in gear or neutral, whcih gear it's in, loose bits, rattling, etc).

I am going to get the shifter rebuilt - Pete Bahr (Yelodog) can do the work and has done this job before. He does though need at least 3 units to make setup of the tooling worthwhile - he's had 4 expressions of interest, so looks like he'll go ahead, but the more the merrier and here's your chance to fix what is an annoying problem.

The cost is very reasonable and Pete can send you instructions on how to detach the shifter from the gearbox in-car. Even a mechanical non compis mentis like me can follow them.

See the Pete's Kits website at http://www.jhppg.com/peteskits.htm for more details.

Email or PM me and I'll pass on to Pete, email him via this forum or direct to peteb01@comcast.net

I (and many others!) have dealt with Pete before and can say he know's what he's doing - highly recommended.

pbahr

Chris,
There are three "expressions of interest". Need COMMITMENTS to proceed....................
Pete

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Just to add to this, Pete is a great guy and you should not hesitate to take advantage of this opertunity should you need it, he does what he say's and he'd bend over backwards to make you a satisfied customer.

I have no intrest in Pete's bussines and actualy have never used his service but I have met him and his happy customers.

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

chrisl

pbahr wrote: Chris,
There are three "expressions of interest". Need COMMITMENTS to proceed....................
Pete

Two now committed, only one more needed.................

pbahr

OK, there are six people signed up at this point, so we're good-to-go.

I don't know when (or if) I may do these again, so if anyone else is interested, now is the time to sign up.

Once the parts go to the machine shop, it will be too late......

Pete

pbahr

Update on the rebuild process:

Of the six original sign-ups, two backed out, leaving four.

I was able to find two cores which I added to the four giving a total build of six.

Parts have just come from the machine shop and I'm now re-assembling the Shifters.

If anyone is interested, I will have two Shifter Kits available from my spare cores.

Pete

Attachment: 16 Complete sm.jpg (Downloaded 64 times)

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems